Buying a key for a Beta

Everything related to MakeMKV
ubentz

Buying a key for a Beta

Post by ubentz »

Hi together,

to be honest i like MakeMKV, it does what i want.

But what makes me a bit nervouse is why i shall buy a key for a beta-state software.
Or is there a misunderstanding from my side ?
Please let me know, i want to continue working with your programme.

with best regards
ubentz
twa000

Re: Buying a key for a Beta

Post by twa000 »

[quote="ubentz"
But what makes me a bit nervouse is why i shall buy a key for a beta-state software.
Or is there a misunderstanding from my side ?
z[/quote]
To be honest, like many people I have paid for Makemkv because not only does it do what it says (unusual for many software apps :) ), but because over the years I have been using Makemkv, the author continues to update with user requests as well as improve the package.
If all the apps I have bought over the years (as so called finished software) were as well supported as Makemkv then I would be a much happier guy, unfortunately many software applications (especially those from so called software companies) are full of bugs and with really awful support (if any)

I am surprised that Mike continues to carry on with calling it a ?, but whilst he continues the excellent support, I really couldn't care :D
ToxicDreamz

Re: Buying a key for a Beta

Post by ToxicDreamz »

I personally don't consider this a "beta" because it's worked nearly flawlessly for me after using it for several years and ripping hundreds of Blu-ray movies. I paid because Mike listens to us and fixes bugs and updates often. He deserves the support. If you're a Blu-ray fanatic, this program is worth every penny... but you can obviously keep using it for free (for now).