encode multiple subtitle tracks

Everything related to MakeMKV
joshsmoore

encode multiple subtitle tracks

Post by joshsmoore »

I am using makemkv to rip several blu-rays that have both foreign language scenes (so forced English subtitles) and a separate Chinese subtitle track that I want to include in the end file, as a selectable subtitle, not burnt in. So when I rip it with makemkv I select force only for the English subtitiles, it for the Chinese subtitles I un select force only. Then I make the mkv and dump it into handbrake for encoding so I can play it n my apple devices. The problem is that I can only add 1 subtitle track and it must be burned in. So I either get the English subtitles for the firing language scenes or I get the Chinese subtitles (burned in and not selectable). When I try to add them both I get an error message. Is there any way for me to add both and have the Chinese subtitles selectable not burned in?

Thanks,

Josh

P.S. I am not sure if this is a makemkv problem or handbrake issue so I placed the question on both boards.
angelgraves13

Re: encode multiple subtitle tracks

Post by angelgraves13 »

Why not just use Handbrake to make the video smaller and then add the subtitles back in with mkvmerge.

Better yet, just keep the remux.
Chetwood

Re: encode multiple subtitle tracks

Post by Chetwood »

It's a Handbrake problem (or rather a problem with the container you use on your Apple).
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch