HELP!

Everything related to MakeMKV
wheeler5568

HELP!

Post by wheeler5568 »

Every disk I try gives me the same error message and I can't use this program anymore.

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset (number), attempting to work around

I get this message and it just changes the number and nothing copies. I've tried to re-install the program with the same results. I'm not sure what else I can do.
Gadgetman!

Re: HELP!

Post by Gadgetman! »

I assume that you're ripping a Blu-ray?

Why not give us a bit more information, and possibly the debug logs?
Mac Mini, 2005 with superdrive, 2GB RAM, 80GB SSD, Core2Duo 2.16GHz CPU...
2 x LG USB DVD-drives and 'old spiteful' an IDE-based DVD-reader from a desktop connected to the internals of an old FW-HDD.
Writes Sci-fi:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~anthony/
wheeler5568

Post by wheeler5568 »

So far no log it just keeps clocking with a progression of new numbers like 238252032.

I'm running Windows 8 and my pc info is:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.86 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

What else do you need to know?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Damaged or bad disk, swap it for a new one.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
wheeler5568

Post by wheeler5568 »

It's not the disk, I have 4 external hard drives all new or newer. This happens on all movies that I try to copy.
wheeler5568

Post by wheeler5568 »

I tried to re-install the software, but it doesn't completely erase so that's not working.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Damaged or bad BLURAY disk, or possibly your BD drive. It can't read the disk, so MakeMKV reports that to you.

Option 1: Clean the disks.
Option 2: Clean the drive (they sell disks that do this).
Option 3: Test the drive using a DVD, to see if it is actually working. It is possible that your drive has failed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
wheeler5568

Post by wheeler5568 »

I was able to copy a Blu ray with DVDfab 8.
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

Right, based on your posts thus far it sounds like you are trying to work with ISO images that are on your 4 external hard drives?

You say you are running Windows 8, so that's an immediate potential problem for me. Could be some compatability problems related to Win 8 ? Driver issues maybe ?

What you are describing sounds like it could very well be a low level hard drive controller driver issues or something. The incrementing number is just a sector number if I'm not mistaken, but basically MakeMKV is complaining that it can't read the source files properly.

Have you tried getting MakeMKV to read an actual disc in an optical drive on that same machine to see if that works ?

I'd do that, just to prove a point. See if the issues are specific to the source files on your external hard drives or if the same thing happens with an optical disc in an optical drive, just to narrow down the problem.

Are those external drives USB ? And if so, USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

And are you importing ISO files ? Or BluRay folder structures, or what ? into MakeMKV.
wheeler5568

Post by wheeler5568 »

I've been coping blu ray disc's onto external hard drives to use with XBMC. When this started happening there was no change to Windows 8 which I was already running since it came out. So I'm putting a Blu ray movie into my Blu ray drive and taking the main movie which I convert to an mkv file. It was working with no problems until one day I started getting error messages. The only other thing I do with this program is copy DVD's of old movies onto the hard drives. My Blu ray drive is internal.
SiliconKid

Post by SiliconKid »

In that case, it definitely sounds like either:

a. Your BluRay drive is dying.

b. There's a problem with the disc/s.

To be honest, it sounds more like a drive problem.

But to prove it, you can simply open an ISO file from a hard drive in MakeMKV, instead of from the BluRay drive itself, and see if MakeMKV still gives an error.

If not, you know the problem isn't MakeMKV, it's hardware. If you STILL get the same error reading an ISO from a hard drive, then it would tend to indicate that something is in fact not right with MakeMKV or that something in the software layer is affecting MakeMKV.

My money is on your BluRay drive dying a slow death I'm afraid to say, but that is a best guess at this point.