BD ISO files with Dolby TrueHD

Everything related to MakeMKV
ezrangel

BD ISO files with Dolby TrueHD

Post by ezrangel »

Dear friends, I am changing all my rips from ISO to MKV. Everything works good with movies with dts-ma or LPCM HD tracks, but with movies with Dolby trueHD audio, It is so slow that freezes... reading rate is 0,0x some times. If I uncheck the trueHD box and leave just the DD audio track it runs normally.
That happens with many movies, like the "Matrix" trilogy.
Any ideas?
Thanks very much for your attention.
ndjamena

Re: BD ISO files with Dolby TrueHD

Post by ndjamena »

Not sure if it's relevant but interestingly enough, my Terminator: SCC s2d1 disc that I had all those problems with had DolbyTrueHD and VC-1, and according to Blu-Ray.com The Matrix has TrueHD and VC-1 as well. Something to ponder.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

*sigh* Nevermind, it just says TrueHD on the packet, there doesn't seem to be any on the actual disc.
ezrangel

Post by ezrangel »

ndjamena wrote:*sigh* Nevermind, it just says TrueHD on the packet, there doesn't seem to be any on the actual disc.
Thanks for the input. I tryed a few more times with different BD ISO files. All movies with trueHD audio tracks have problems. Now I noticed makemkv shows an AV sync issue every .032 sec! Again, if I uncheck the trueHD box, these problems dont happen, but I want my lossless audio track. Tryed to use de FLAC profile, it seems to work until the very end when it returns an error and dont save de file!
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

So, basically, the default duration of the TrueHD track is wrong...

The TrueHD and AC3 streams are kept separately in the 'Track'. Either somehow MakeMKV isn't detecting it properly or whatever you used to rip it screwed up.

I guess I should ask, how many discs have you seen this on exactly, and which ones?
ezrangel

Post by ezrangel »

I used AnyDvd HD to rip from the original dist to the files, then Tsremux to create a new ISO with only the main movie.
So far, every ISO with audio DD true HD have shown the same problem, more than 20 so far!
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Post the MKVMerge -I output of the final MKV it should look something like this:

Code: Select all

Track ID 1: audio (TrueHD) [number:2 uid:2 codec_id:A_TRUEHD codec_private_lengt
h:0 language:eng track_name:English\sTrueHD(7/1) default_track:1 forced_track:0
enabled_track:1 default_duration:833332 audio_sampling_frequency:48000 audio_cha
nnels:8]
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

I just 'backed-up' the Blu ray version of Shrek 3 (VC-1, TrueHD) using MakeMKV, used the latest version of TSRemux to create a new Blu Ray structure with just the main movie then tried ripping it with MakeMKV and got this:

Code: Select all

Saving 1 titles into directory D:/source using profile 'PCMFLAC' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV/pcmflac.mmcp.xml'
DEBUG: Code 0 at I{e'*kj*58}aG`+eN^|`:213130398
DEBUG: Code 0 at I{e'*kj*58}aG`+eN^|`:121262670
DEBUG: Code 0 at AsEg3|1vZX"LU'8]?q}N:213130743
DEBUG: Code 9118137 at AsEg3|1vZX"LU'8]?q}N:29393332
DEBUG: Code 0 at IY2v.p;V.7|,gSWb@a:nd:29398622
DEBUG: Code 0 at IY2v.p;V.7|,gSWb@a:nd:29398622
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 0 to file D:/source/Shrek_3_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
No audio problems though.

You wouldn't happen to have the original discs?
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Extract the m2ts file from the iso with 7-zip (or something, if I remember correctly it can do it), then remux it with MKVMerge. That's about all I can think of.

Edit: Or I guess you could just mount the .iso .
ezrangel

Post by ezrangel »

I?ve been mounting ISO?s for 6 years... But not all devices can run them. Now that the files are in a NAS server and avaible for the whole house, i was trying something more practicle... I?ll try the m2ts file directly, or just keep the ISOs for those trueHD movies.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

I meant you can mount the .isos in windows and use MKVMerge (mmg) on the m2ts files directly. As TSRemuxer only works with single M2TS files anyway, a straight mux won't be much different than using MakeMKV.
ezrangel

Post by ezrangel »

Well, resuming what i have done so far:
I need to convert my BD ISO with DDtrueHD tracks to MKV, keeping the HD track and a new ac3 track (need for the tv on my room). That's what i tryed:
1) Use makeMKV from the ISO file: FAILED!
2) Mount the ISO and use makeMKV in the m2ts file: FAILED!
3) Mount ISO nad use MKVmerge in the m2ts file: got the MKV, but not with the ac3 track
4) I can get makeMKV to work on the iso or m2ts: got the mkv, but not with the truehd track
5) This is what seems to work: Mount iso image and extract only the truehd track to a mka file with mkvmerge. Use makemkv to create a mkv from the iso file without the truehd track. And finally, use mkvmerge again to merge the mka and the mkv files into a new mkv with both sound tracks! That seems stupid, but works!

If anyone has a simpler idea, i'd love to hear!

Ndjamena, thanks so much for your inputs!
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

I like stupid! And you're welcome!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please, please, please submit a testdump for any title that shows such error per instructions at /onlinehelp/testdump.html . It does look like a bug in MakeMKV. If you have many discs that fail, please submit two dumps. Do not submit more than 2 dumps, two should be enough.
ezrangel

Post by ezrangel »

Ok, Mike. I will do that as soon as I get home tonight!
Thanks.

Email sent.