No Folder for ripped file...

Everything related to MakeMKV
bbaskety

No Folder for ripped file...

Post by bbaskety »

I apologize if there has already been a thread on this but I could not find it. When I rip a DVD or Blu-Ray disc it is not creating a folder for the file in the destination folder. For instance: If I insert Iron Man DVD into the drive and it reads the disc as IRONMAN. Before it would send the MKV file to E:\Movies\IRONMAN\IRON_MAN.mkv (where it would create the IRONMAN folder automatically). Now it is outputting the file to E:\Movies\IRON_MAN.mkv without creating a folder from the name it read off the disc.

I am using XBMC so it is not a problem when it actually finds the file name. But when it reads the file name as title_00 it will not rip another version of that. It used to put those title files in as E:\Movies\IRONMAN\title_00 so there would be not be another disc that would read as IRONMAN, so no problem. In this case it would now send the file to E:\Movies\title_00. IT will make me delete, overwrite or change the original file before I can rip another. Can someone tell me why this would have changed to not include the folder? Please let me know if I am not making any sense or if you need anything other information from me as I need to get this solved ASAP...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Woodstock

Re: No Folder for ripped file...

Post by Woodstock »

In the MakeMKV preferences, what do you have set on the Video tab?

You should be prompted to create the directory if the directory does not exist for "auto", "semiauto", and "custom".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging