Closed Caption Support

Everything related to MakeMKV
apuorro

Closed Caption Support

Post by apuorro »

Is there a way to support the extraction of, or preservation of, closed captions on makeMKV? I have found that the mkv files created by MakeMKV strip out the closed captions. If I create the files with mkvmerge, the closed captions are still extractable.

It would be great if there were an option to create an srt file or subtitle track for the closed caption when MakeMKV creates the title files.

Any chance of this?

Thanks in advance...
mike admin

Re: Closed Caption Support

Post by mike admin »

this is a known limitation. it is on the todo list but timeline for it is unknown.
Sidrack

Post by Sidrack »

So it's impossible to extract these things to a MATROSKA file? Will I have to keep the original discs?

Are there other alternatives to do this, besides MAKEMKV?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Sidrack

1) This thread was last posted to 22 months ago - and with a specific response by "mike admin"

2) This is a forum for beta testing MakeMKV. If you are seeking alternatives, do a Googlesearch

3) Multiple posting of the same, slightly modified question is not appreciated
SystemDisc

Post by SystemDisc »

Sidrack wrote:So it's impossible to extract these things to a MATROSKA file? Will I have to keep the original discs?

You can use CCExtractorGUI to extract the CC Subtitles from the VOB files and MKVToolNix to mux the SRT file into the MKV. See: https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4205