Need help ripping Blu-Ray Distric 9 w/Alien Subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
50CalAL

Need help ripping Blu-Ray Distric 9 w/Alien Subtitles

Post by 50CalAL »

1st off, this isn't a problem with the program as far as I can tell.

I am able to rip District 9 blu-ray with no problems but was wondering if anyone call tell me what is the proper selection is to get the alien subtitles. I don't need the whole movie subtitled just when the prawns speak.

I have tried selecting all the available subtitle tracks and VLC is unable to play them and my WD media player doesn't recognize any of the subtitle tracks.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
setarip_old

Re: Need help ripping Blu-Ray Distric 9 w/Alien Subtitles

Post by setarip_old »

Perhaps I'm mistaken but, I don't believe MakeMKV is presently capable of SUCCESSFULLY/PROPERLY ripping BluRay subtitles ("PGS" files).

Although it will show that the PGS files (if selected) have been ripped, no program will recognize them.

If I'm mistaken, I'd hope that "Mike Chen" would post such information to this thread...
1gkar

Post by 1gkar »

I might be able to assist here as I was looking for similar forced subs for my Angels & Demons BD disc.

Download BDSup2Sub from http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BDSup2Sub/old-versions

It is pretty self-explanatory. Just check the 'export only forced' & save. Both *.idx & *.sub are required for correct subs' playback. Could be a matter of trial & error to find if there is a dedicated forced subs file, or they are added in with the general subs. Quick & dirty method could to run your mouse cursor over each of the files & check their filesize.

Best of luck.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

setarip_old wrote:Perhaps I'm mistaken but, I don't believe MakeMKV is presently capable of SUCCESSFULLY/PROPERLY ripping BluRay subtitles ("PGS" files).
It is. Next version of mkvtoolnix would extract these subtitles to SUP file sutable for suprip. All MKV files created with previous versions would work.