Despicable Me Mini Movies

Everything related to MakeMKV
deathtical

Despicable Me Mini Movies

Post by deathtical »

I just got Despicable Me 1 and 2 and there are supposed to be 3 mini movies on them as well. I was able to find one from 1 (haven't ripped 2 yet) but can't seem to find the other two mini movies. Anyone had luck with this? Thanks
deathtical

Re: Despicable Me Mini Movies

Post by deathtical »

Never mind. I figured it out.

For anyone else, they are all in the same file. I used MKVToolNix to split it into 3 files.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Very weird - must be different for disks from different markets, as the DM1 and DM2 disks I received a couple of days ago ripped with the mini movies as separate files.

One possibility is your "minimum time" setting may be too high to get the individual episodes. Mine is 30 seconds, and DM1 had over 80 titles at that setting, with the mini movies as individual titles. DM2 had fewer, because it didn't have the "play these games using your remote" tracks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

Sorry for followup to 5 month old message, but nobody gave really good answers.

First, set the minimum title length to 180 seconds.

For Despicable Me (you should get t00 thru t28):

t01 is the main movie
t04 is all 3 mini-movies in one file
t26 is Home Makeover
t27 is Orientation Day
t28 is Banana

For Despicable Me 2 (you should get t00 thru t15):

t00 is the main movie
t12 is Puppy
t13 is Panic In The Mailroom
t14 is Training Wheels

Good luck!
morty420

Post by morty420 »

I just signed up so I could add a comment to this thread (after googling for "despicable me makemkv")

I purchased a 3 pack of Despicable Me 1, 2, and Minions from Walmart (Ccanada). Despicable Me 1 and 2 came in a dual Bluray case.

Despicable Me 1 has its Mini Movies at t36, t37, and t38.

Despicable Me 2 has its Mini Movies at t14, t15, and t16.

Maybe someone in the future will also Google search this topic so thought I would add my information too.

Happy ripping!
Cerus

Post by Cerus »

morty420 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 pm
I just signed up so I could add a comment to this thread (after googling for "despicable me makemkv")

I purchased a 3 pack of Despicable Me 1, 2, and Minions from Walmart (Ccanada). Despicable Me 1 and 2 came in a dual Bluray case.

Despicable Me 1 has its Mini Movies at t36, t37, and t38.

Despicable Me 2 has its Mini Movies at t14, t15, and t16.

Maybe someone in the future will also Google search this topic so thought I would add my information too.

Happy ripping!
If you leave the minimum title length at the default 120s this is correct for the NA releases including individual copies. The above is also correct if you set the min length to 180.