Feature request: enable core audio streaming

Everything related to MakeMKV
moviemaniac

Feature request: enable core audio streaming

Post by moviemaniac »

Hi!

I'm currently evaluating (and thinking about buying soon when my bank account allows it :D ) MakeMKV so I can watch Blu-Rays on Linux - as I only want to watch and not rip them the streaming part is essential for me. Would it be possible to get an option to stream only the Core-Audio of TrueHD (and DTS-HD)? The reason is that I can't get my freshly build version of VLC (built against ffmpeg from three days ago) to play/passthrough to my A/V-receiver the AC3 core-stream from TrueHD files (DTS works...). Currently to play movies offering only TrueHD I have to make an MKV of it with only the AC3 core - but due to a problem regarding ripping speed (reported on the linux subsection of the board) this would take me 1-2 hours per movie. So in conclusion it would be great to see an option when streaming where only the coreaudio gets streamed.

thanks,
mm
mike admin

Re: Feature request: enable core audio streaming

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV streams original M2TS files with very minor changes. The proper way to solve is to fix VLC, sorry :( The "ripping speed problem" will get corrected soon.
moviemaniac

Re: Feature request: enable core audio streaming

Post by moviemaniac »

Okay, thanks for your answer!