Can I get a case string for Basilisk disks 1, 2, 4?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
plausiblejosh

Can I get a case string for Basilisk disks 1, 2, 4?

Post by plausiblejosh »

I think that's what it's called? When ever I rip them normally, all the episodes are in one big file. But when ever I try to compress and separate them with Handbrake, several frames from the end of the previous episode appear at the beginning of the next episode. I did a search of the forums, when I had trouble with disk 3, and noticed the other topic about Basilisk disk 3, in which the (case string?) was given. I used that and my episodes came out great. I tried using the same case string for the other disks but the episodes came out all wonky. To me, it looks like the case string tells the program what episodes come from what chapters, which would be the same for every disk, but it still didn't work. Maybe it has something to do with the other number in the front? Anyway, can I get those case string things for Basilisk disks 1, 2, and 4? Thank you very much.
Woodstock

Re: Can I get a case string for Basilisk disks 1, 2, 4?

Post by Woodstock »

I don't think manual ripping will help - the episode splits are not occurring on a "key frame", which is why handbrake is backing up to the closest prior key frame. And MakeMKV is going to split at the same place. I've tried this with other titles, such as Bleach. It didn't work well. :roll:
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ndjamena

Re: Can I get a case string for Basilisk disks 1, 2, 4?

Post by ndjamena »

Handbrake re-encodes... there's no reason it should be limited to splitting on key frames...

MakeMKV DOES put chapters on key frames though, but you could always move them. I don't know if Handbrake would work properly then...

What you could do is split the file using AVIDemux into a lossless HUFFYUV intermediate, then use Handbrake on that.