Solutions for automation and or batch handling

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Exile82

Solutions for automation and or batch handling

Post by Exile82 »

Good morning my friends. I am reaching out to you with hope to find a good solution for handling batches of conversions, and maybe also a way to automate things (like a watch folder etc).

I have tried a couple of differents dev. projects, but nothing of the existing works for me.

BatchMKV
Really nice UI and fairly simple, created by Kenneth on this forum. The issues experienced makes it however hard to live with. After analyzing the files, nothing happens. You believe that it starts converting, but nothing happens.

Movies2MKV
Also really nice, but it can't handle the naming convention as you might want to. Conversion works flawless, but the file is created with a name that I anyway need to edit.

MakeMKV batch converter
By Alex Gritton, present on this forum. Really really nice, does most thing I want. Naming of files works perfect. But, there is an issue with creating output files in the input folder. That process will fail. If I choose another file it will work, but that is not really good enough for me.

None of the mentioned SW can monitor a folder to autoconvert files, which is preferred, but not a dealbreaker. I tried to contact some of the developers for support, but I do not want to push them as this is done on their spare time.

I do really not want to do this via Handbrake and transcode files, if I am not forced to. So I am turning to the brains of the forum, are there any other solutions for my request?
Chetwood

Re: Solutions for automation and or batch handling

Post by Chetwood »

Exile82 wrote: But, there is an issue with creating output files in the input folder.
I don't need this since I'm always ripping on 2 HDDs to speed up the process. But why do you need to monitor a folder? If you want to convert when the queue is finished simply check 'run program when finished' and call up a batch file or something.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Exile82

Re: Solutions for automation and or batch handling

Post by Exile82 »

Hi Chetwood, thanks for a quick reply, and sorry for my delayed response.

Well, I would really prefer to have the functionality such a "watch folder", where the application can pick up files to convert. For me, it would be a part of a "no touch flow".

I understand that you don't need the functionality that places the output file in the same folder as the original file (which is preferrably deleted after conversion), But in my case that is important. The option to chose this is there, but it does not work for me and a couple of other users.

As stated, I do not want to nag and be a pain in the as for the developers that develop these SW for their own purpose, using their free time. I just put the question on the table of there are such SW as I described.

There is such applications, involving Handbrake, but that is a road that I don't really want to go. I prefer my files converted, not transcoded/encoded.