Profiles - Set specific language subtitle as default?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
daagfir

Profiles - Set specific language subtitle as default?

Post by daagfir »

Hi Guys

I've just started playing around with the profile option and I've created a profile for my specific needs.
I have some questions in regards to profiles. I have not been able to find a comprehensive guide to profiles as of yet - perhaps because everything is still in beta :)

First of I have a functionality question: Is it possible to have MakeMKV set a subtitle in a specific language as default subtitle track?
All I can find is this:

Code: Select all

setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true"
setFirstForcedSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true"
I would like to match Danish as the track to set as default.

----

I am currently using MakeMKV 1.8.4 with a modified default profile. I have not set a default language in MakeMKV as I'd like to always select all subtitles. All I have modified as of yet is:

Code: Select all

<profileSettings
app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havelossless),+sel:(core*(dan|eng)),=100:all,-10:favlang"
/>
In order to only select lossless codecs in either eng or dan, but that does not seem to Work. Above string is modified using the one from http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 397#p18341
Any suggestions?
doncht

Re: Profiles - Set specific language subtitle as default?

Post by doncht »

Looks like this is one tough issue daagfir. Were you able to find a way to do this already?
Chetwood

Re: Profiles - Set specific language subtitle as default?

Post by Chetwood »

Why is it hard? Set Danish as the first sub and setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true". My profile looks like this:
"-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-5:(forced*(eng)),-10:(deu),-15:(forced*(deu))

which results in

deu forced
deu
en forced
en

order.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch