BD+ with VLC 2.1.0 on Windows & libmmbd Does Not Work

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
niteriderxp

BD+ with VLC 2.1.0 on Windows & libmmbd Does Not Work

Post by niteriderxp »

Hi,

I see that there is no guide to use libmmbd with VLC on Windows, only linux/mac. However, I created the required symlinks and it appears that AACS works as non-BD+ disks play fine in VLC. When I attempt to play a BD+ disk I get "This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for BD+ decoding, and your system does not have it.".

Here is how I made the symlinks for VLC 32bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>mklink libaacs.dll "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd.dll"
symbolic link created for libaacs.dll <<===>> C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>mklink libbdplus.dll "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd.dll"
symbolic link created for libbdplus.dll <<===>> C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd.dll

I also tried with VLC 64bit:
C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC>mklink libaacs.dll "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd64.dll"
symbolic link created for libaacs.dll <<===>> C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd64.dll

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC>mklink libbdplus.dll "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd64.dll"
symbolic link created for libbdplus.dll <<===>> C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\libmmbd64.dll

Is it a problem with VLC 2.1.0 or libmmbd on Windows? It's like it can't see the library for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nite Rider
Fawkes

Re: BD+ with VLC 2.1.0 on Windows & libmmbd Does Not Work

Post by Fawkes »

hi,

same here, tryed it with avatar and it does not work
did the same with linux and xbmc there it worked, so its a special problem with vlc, maybe special to windows, when vlc is started with debug the error in the log comes from libbluray

file/dl_win32.c:82: GetProcAddress(0000000002bf0000, 'bdplus_event') failed: Die
angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.
file/dl_win32.c:82: GetProcAddress(0000000002bf0000, 'bdplus_m2ts') failed: Die
angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.
file/dl_win32.c:82: GetProcAddress(0000000002bf0000, 'bdplus_m2ts_close') failed
: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.
file/libbdplus.c:108: libbdplus dlsym failed! (0000000002bf0000)

beside this with just aacs discs from 15 only 6 worked, the rest only shows the movie time, the drives is blinking like playing but the time index stays 00:00, debug log shows a lot of
ts debug: skipping 1692 bytes of garbage

among the not working discs
V - Vendetta, Iron Man, Hellboy, Hellboy2, Ptch Black, 5th Element

those discs also did not work with linux and xbmc (xbmc seemed to play but no audio or video)
mike admin

Re: BD+ with VLC 2.1.0 on Windows & libmmbd Does Not Work

Post by mike admin »

The libbdplus API was changed recently, the next MakeMKV version will support the new API as well. Also, on windows you don't necessary to make a link - you may just copy libmmbd.dll twice - to libaacs.dll and to libbdplus.dll