Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

fexigo wrote:
rc4ester wrote:
fexigo wrote:Hi!

First, thanks for det program!

I need some help with some errors and Output Path.

I get this error when i try to load some movies

And why cant i get the movie into the same folder as the input?? I have been trying to find a solution for many hours now, and cant get it to work.

PLEASE HELP :))
What are your options set at for input/output directories? You should be able to set up the output directory through the options dialog box. Please show me what you have set and perhaps I could make a few suggestions to get you where you want.
I have tried every settings multiple times, but I got it to work one time but im dont remember my settings.So maybe you can come up with a settings that will work for me?? And this is happens to every file I have on my NAS. But i can FTP you the file. No problemo. But I thinks its easier for you just to rename a file?
Hello Fexigo,

I understand what you are trying to do and there is a way to do it, but it depends on where you placed your ISO files. If all your ISO files are in a single directory, then this should be fairly simple. Here is how you would set it up:
fexigo

Post by fexigo »

What are your options set at for input/output directories? You should be able to set up the output directory through the options dialog box. Please show me what you have set and perhaps I could make a few suggestions to get you where you want.[/quote]

I have tried every settings multiple times, but I got it to work one time but im dont remember my settings.So maybe you can come up with a settings that will work for me?? And this is happens to every file I have on my NAS. But i can FTP you the file. No problemo. But I thinks its easier for you just to rename a file?[/quote]

Hello Fexigo,

I understand what you are trying to do and there is a way to do it, but it depends on where you placed your ISO files. If all your ISO files are in a single directory, then this should be fairly simple. Here is how you would set it up:
Image[/quote]

Hi again!

Every ISO files is in a unique folder that are placed under the Movie folder at my NAS.
fexigo

Post by fexigo »

can you please help?
fexigo

Post by fexigo »

Cant still not get this to work!!!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Some patience is advised - the author of this program is not here every day.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
AntiBotQuestion

Post by AntiBotQuestion »

Tried this (Windows 7). A few issues:

- The input/output formatting is pretty much incomprehensible. Suggested fixes: (1) resizable window, so I can actually read what is there; (2) a possibility to use file/folder #1 as a template ("this is what it looks like with your current #1") and a Test button before Apply.

- I didn't get it to copy anything but Title 1 of the DVD. Did I choose some overwriting thing?

- It filed the c:\Users\me\Appdata\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs folder up with a 35 GIGAbytes Movies2MKVConverter.log file. I had to kill everything manually, and then delete the file. Then the application failed to start, returning a "Null" error. Uninstalling it didn't help. Deleting the entire Movies2MKV Converter folder did resolve it.
kenham40

Post by kenham40 »

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you very much for developing it, and I'll reply back with my results!
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

fexigo wrote:can you please help?

Fexigo,

Did you get it to work. I'm sorry I've not logged on for a while. Perhaps you could PM me your email address. It may be easier for us to communicate via email. I can't see any of the images you have listed on here.. unfortunately.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

AntiBotQuestion wrote:Tried this (Windows 7). A few issues:

- The input/output formatting is pretty much incomprehensible. Suggested fixes: (1) resizable window, so I can actually read what is there; (2) a possibility to use file/folder #1 as a template ("this is what it looks like with your current #1") and a Test button before Apply.

- I didn't get it to copy anything but Title 1 of the DVD. Did I choose some overwriting thing?

- It filed the c:\Users\me\Appdata\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs folder up with a 35 GIGAbytes Movies2MKVConverter.log file. I had to kill everything manually, and then delete the file. Then the application failed to start, returning a "Null" error. Uninstalling it didn't help. Deleting the entire Movies2MKV Converter folder did resolve it.
Hello AntiBotQuestion,

- I found it very difficult to come up with a method for formatting IO. However, I do believe I have some examples in the program help text. For the suggestions:
1) What window are you referring to for resizeable?
2) File folder as template... I think I have that as one of the options. Please give me more information in regards to this and examples if you can
3) Test button for how the I/O would work?

- If you double click on item on the main window.. it should allow you to choose whatever titles you want copied.

- I've never seen that issue with the log before. Just a heads up, I should hopefully be finished with a .Net version of the application which will I will try to include these fixes in.

-Richard
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Just a heads up, I am aware of the problems regarding windows 10 and the current version out there. I will be working feverishly to get the new version of Movies2MKV Converter out there. It will be a windows version with no Java. That should help with many of the problems that the current version has.

--
Richard
iampegram

Post by iampegram »

Is there any chance before you scrap all the Java code that you could release the jar files by themselves? I'm running Linux, and would like to try this frontend.

Or

Is there any chance I could get a copy of the source code to release a Linux friendly version? I completely understand if you'd like to keep the source to yourself, but from the description I've read of this utility, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

iampegram wrote:Is there any chance before you scrap all the Java code that you could release the jar files by themselves? I'm running Linux, and would like to try this frontend.

Or

Is there any chance I could get a copy of the source code to release a Linux friendly version? I completely understand if you'd like to keep the source to yourself, but from the description I've read of this utility, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Do they have MakeMKV for Linux? If so, I won't scrap the code... I can probably get it running on Linux. Just borrow one of my work servers that's running Linux and get it up and running.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Woodstock wrote:Yes, MakeMKV for Linux does exist.
Great! I will see about making the code more generic, in order to keep the application working in both environments. That'll be my next project after I finish the Windows .Net version of the tool. I looked on the main page and I didn't see a download for Linux, where would I find the Linux version of MakeMKV?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The link in my message is to the message that links to the linux version. Guess I was too subtle, by not listing the URL "bare"... :)

Not sure why Mike doesn't have it on the main download page, except maybe that it isn't a "ready-to-run" version... You have to compile it for your distribution.