BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
osterwal

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by osterwal »

In BatchMKV I have selected include all subtitles and limit number of tracks in same language to 3.

I checked it with 3 files, but in none of them were any subtitles. If I use MakeMKV GUI and select the subtitles manually they are all in.

The disc issue is probably related to MakeMKV itself, because I have the same issue there if I start the GUI not in administrator mode. Starting MakeMKV in admin mode fixes the issue.
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

osterwal wrote:In BatchMKV I have selected include all subtitles and limit number of tracks in same language to 3.
Just to be sure, if you look at the actual title, are the subtitle tracks selected as expected?

You don't get an "output tracks not as expected" error in that case?
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV
osterwal

Post by osterwal »

Just to be sure, if you look at the actual title, are the subtitle tracks selected as expected?
What do you mean by that?

I can only select the Video and the Audio, Subtitles are not displayed in the selection window. I thought that would be "normal".
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

osterwal wrote:
What do you mean by that?

I can only select the Video and the Audio, Subtitles are not displayed in the selection window. I thought that would be "normal".
That's absolutely not normal, it should show a list of subtitles that can be selected or deselected as well. I have added an additional log event which should enable me to see why this is happening.

Could you please try analyzing one or more of the sources where the subtitles are not listed, and providing me with the complete log event (it's the "makemkvcon scan completed successfully" event). The event could be quite long, please send it to me via PM.
etc6849

Post by etc6849 »

How do I convert an ISO without including any subtitles using your tool? Without having to manually uncheck subtitles for each ISO...
Exile82

Post by Exile82 »

Hi Kenneth! Thanks for an awesome application, I think that BatchMKV will make my life so much easier, I just need to get around a couple of things. I downloaded, what I think is the latest version (0.6.0), the installation went just fine without any hazzle.

I add a folder containing the iso-file and some other files (such as poster.jpg and other stuff). BatchMKV analyses the file in an instant, but when it is suppose to convert the file, I get an error message (unfortunately in swedish). I will try to paste it below with a spoiler tag. Anyway, I have the options to either discard the "warning", or close the program. If I choose discard, it looks like the conversion begins, but the only thing that happens is that the temp folder is created, but not any file. It will stay that way until i close the program.
I wonder if this is an issue with rights to wright, but I cannot choose to run the program as an administrator, the option is not here.

Furthermore, right-clicking on the analysed file does not give me the options like "convert" or similiar. I only have Toggle, Select All, Unselect All, Priority and Clean.

Any ideas?

EDIT
Unfortunately, the forum does not support spoiler tags, I'll find another way to share that error message (it is pretty long)

EDIT2
Here is the error message (in swedish, hopefully you maybe can understand the core since I suspect you are danish! :) )
https://jpst.it/OQgz
Exile82

Post by Exile82 »

Okay, I am sad to see that this thread has gone dead. I will probably need to have a look for another solution, to bad though, this SW seemed to have everything I needed.
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

Exile82 wrote:Okay, I am sad to see that this thread has gone dead. I will probably need to have a look for another solution, to bad though, this SW seemed to have everything I needed.
Hi,

Neither thread nor software has gone dead. I appreciate all the feedback I've received and I will look at the issues. The simple explanation is that right now I'm overwhelmed with work on my day job and renovating my apartment in the spare time I do have. I hope that I will soon have the time to give BatchMKV the attention it deserves.
Exile82

Post by Exile82 »

kenneth wrote:
Exile82 wrote:Okay, I am sad to see that this thread has gone dead. I will probably need to have a look for another solution, to bad though, this SW seemed to have everything I needed.
Hi,

Neither thread nor software has gone dead. I appreciate all the feedback I've received and I will look at the issues. The simple explanation is that right now I'm overwhelmed with work on my day job and renovating my apartment in the spare time I do have. I hope that I will soon have the time to give BatchMKV the attention it deserves.
Hi Kenneth!
I understand completely, I am more or less in the same phase as you are. Focus on your job, family and apartment overhaul. When you have time, I would really appreciate your support, but I do not need any solution right now, so please take your time with more important stuff!
stejorge

Post by stejorge »

What ever I do, it's no audio or sub track added to the .mkv file? What do i do wrong. I am trying to transcode ISO to MKV, and I have tried with only norwegian audio, english and norwegian and all audio. But no sucsess. Any help is apreciated.
BDestroyer8418

Post by BDestroyer8418 »

Have a issue with Invalid MKVToolNix path. It ask to open settings to specify the correct path. Every time I change the path to the correct location just keep getting MKVToolNix path not found. The specified path to the MKVToolNix executables is not valid. I tired both 32/64bit and both installers and portable version and they just come back with same error. Using current version of MKVToolNix version: 9.6.0

Nevermind I installed in the default location that BatchMKV was looking for MKVToolNix and it works.
DanielBme

Post by DanielBme »

Hi just installed your program and trying to analyze a blu ray folder structure on my NAS. I get an error that it failed to analyze and a pop up that says "You are trying to start MakeMKV evaluation from a third party application. Please launch MakeMKV if you would like to start the evaluation period". I tried opening MakeMKV but I still get the same error...
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

DanielBme wrote:Hi just installed your program and trying to analyze a blu ray folder structure on my NAS. I get an error that it failed to analyze and a pop up that says "You are trying to start MakeMKV evaluation from a third party application. Please launch MakeMKV if you would like to start the evaluation period". I tried opening MakeMKV but I still get the same error...
This problem is related to MakeMKV not BatchMKV. Most likely your MakeMKV registration key has expired, you'll need to find the current MakeMKV beta registration key and register that in MakeMKV.
DanielBme

Post by DanielBme »

Ok figured that out. I'm in the tool but for the life of me can't figure out how to convert a track. I imported a blu ray and on the right hand side selected the titles I want. Set the output folder, leave source at current location, then put a name in for each track. So now what? I don't see a convert button or anything...I must be blind...
DanielBme

Post by DanielBme »

Ok figured it out, had to toggle the main source. But I did run into a problem. Must be doing something wrong. When I highlighted each title, I select Name under properties, and put in a unique name for each title...when they converted to mkv, they all have the same name, (1).mkv, (2).mkv, (3).mkv. Not sure why they didn't use the name I put in....??

Edit: Nevermind, should have selected Filename I think...