Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

Check if your path to DoVi_Scripts\tools\madvr\madMeasureHDR.exe exist
skull88

Post by skull88 »

azreil24 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:32 pm
Yep, 6-2, got the same lavfilters settings, same error.
This is not a fun error to deal with, as I had it before and took me a long time to resolve, lots of uninstalling/re-installing and troubleshooting. From what I recall, the key was to ensure I had 32-bit (x86) version of LAVFilters installed and registered, as well as AviSynth+ (may or may not be related to your specific IMeasureHDR error msg), as madMeasureHDR.exe is actually quite an old executable that has not been updated by madshi for a while and it does not play nice with 64-bit anything. Make sure not to use any weird paths and consider making a new Windows user account to confirm it's not an issue with your user profile/registry. Good luck!
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:46 pm
Check if your path to DoVi_Scripts\tools\madvr\madMeasureHDR.exe exist
It's there, I checked.
skull88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 pm
azreil24 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:32 pm
Yep, 6-2, got the same lavfilters settings, same error.
This is not a fun error to deal with, as I had it before and took me a long time to resolve, lots of uninstalling/re-installing and troubleshooting. From what I recall, the key was to ensure I had 32-bit (x86) version of LAVFilters installed and registered, as well as AviSynth+ (may or may not be related to your specific IMeasureHDR error msg), as madMeasureHDR.exe is actually quite an old executable that has not been updated by madshi for a while and it does not play nice with 64-bit anything. Make sure not to use any weird paths and consider making a new Windows user account to confirm it's not an issue with your user profile/registry. Good luck!
Thanks, will try the 32-bit also.
comorla45

Post by comorla45 »

AndreasT wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:57 pm
comorla45 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:10 pm
Hello, I stumbled upon issue, maybe someone here might be able to help me.

I want to convert 4K DV+HDR10 MKV into lower bitrate MP4 to play DV on my LG Plex.

Normally, when I only want to change the container from MKV to MP4 I just use

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i "source.mkv" -map 0 -c copy -c:s mov_text -strict unofficial "output.mp4" 
and all is nice and dandy. It triggers DV on my LG, but preservers the HDR10 metadata also, so all is OKay.

When I want to convert video stream I use:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i "source.mkv" -map 0 -c copy -c:0 hevc_nvenc -cq 32 -preset p5 -c:s mov_text -strict unofficial "output.mp4" 
and it also copy all DV/HDR metadata, it even triggers Dolby Vision playback on TV (DV logo appears in the top right) but brightness is like in SD material. MediaInfoGUI claims all is okay. I lose HDR10+ but I do not care for that.

First is original MKV file:
converted MP4:

Any ideas whit it triggers DV but plays in low brightness?
I'm just curious, why do you want to convert to lower bit-rate?
I use PLEX and some of my friends have very bad WiFi signal, when the 4K bitrate jumps to 40-50 Mbps they just buffer non stop.
And second, I like to save place. I am happy with some quality downgrade when I can reduce video size. I can not afford hundred TBs of storage.
skull88

Post by skull88 »

comorla45 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:14 pm
I use PLEX and some of my friends have very bad WiFi signal, when the 4K bitrate jumps to 40-50 Mbps they just buffer non stop.
And second, I like to save place. I am happy with some quality downgrade when I can reduce video size. I can not afford hundred TBs of storage.
This is precisely what "optimized versions" feature in PLEX is for, have you considered trying that? It transcodes and saves a smaller version of an entry in your library, so that it is compatible with all devices/situations, and doesn't have to do real-time transcoding. Just a thought. ;)
comorla45

Post by comorla45 »

skull88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:16 pm
comorla45 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:14 pm
This is precisely what "optimized versions" feature in PLEX is for, have you considered trying that? It transcodes and saves a smaller version of any movie in your library, so that it is compatible with all devices/situations, and doesn't have to do real-time transcoding. Just a thought. ;)
It does not handle DV.

Besides, did anyone tried recently to sign up to dolby customer to get the files needed for RESET_9999 scripts? https://customer.dolby.com/product-regi ... tools-v541
I provide all required fields but nothing happen after I click the button.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

azreil24 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:06 pm
It's there, I checked.
then idk, show me the log with ''echo'' set to ''on'' maybe.
you can also try it manually:

D:\DoVi_Scripts\tools\madvr\madMeasureHDR.exe "D:\Interstellar.2014.iMAX.HDRg 2.9 itunes (4000nits).mkv"
Measuring video file "D:\Interstellar.2014.iMAX.HDRg 2.9 itunes (4000nits).mkv" using D3D11 (native)...
1%
skull88

Post by skull88 »

I didn't think your users would care to just play in HDR, if they don't care about bitrate. But to each his own. For Dolby website, try another browser or incognito window, I think I had similar issue and used Edge.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:19 pm
azreil24 wrote:
It's there, I checked.

D:\DoVi_Scripts\tools\madvr\madMeasureHDR.exe "D:\Interstellar.2014.iMAX.HDRg 2.9 itunes (4000nits).mkv"
Measuring video file "D:\Interstellar.2014.iMAX.HDRg 2.9 itunes (4000nits).mkv" using D3D11 (native)...
1%
I get the same message even for manual call. Will give it another go tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
comorla45

Post by comorla45 »

skull88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:21 pm
I didn't think your users would care to just play in HDR, if they don't care about bitrate. But to each his own. For Dolby website, try another browser or incognito window, I think I had similar issue and used Edge.
I played around a bit and it seems FFMPEG does not support native converting video with DV. I managed to get it working with this tool however: https://github.com/quietvoid/dovi_tool/tree/main

I had to first extract .hevc from original file and extract RPU. Then convert original .hevc to lower bitrate and inject the RPU into it. Then just replace the video stream in original file. This way I get HDR and DV correctly detected on my LG, no more issues with the brightness in DoVi mode.
There is a few step, but doable with some powershell script.

Might also be some issue with hevc_nvenc, as I use GPU encoding and not the cpu x265 encoder. I think with x265 you can pass RPU while encoding and not as separate step with --dolby-vision-rpu
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

azreil24 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:01 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:19 pm
azreil24 wrote:
It's there, I checked.

1%
I get the same message even for manual call. Will give it another go tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
I moved the scripts to another drive, as I had them in C: root, I know it's not recommended but it worked fine with all the other flows, moved them to the same drive I had them prior to moving to C. On the new drive, I still had the IMeasureHDR error, but after that it started giving me Python not found error, although it was installed. It seems that it only wants the Python version installed through Microsoft Store, for some reason, that is what the error message was suggesting to install from, while I initially had it installed from their website, as indicated in the Dovi Scripts installation documentation.

I then re-downloaded your tools archive and re-copied the madVR folder and it's now working. Not sure what happened there and why the error, but its working now.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

I tried injecting the RPU data into my Akira copy and at the end failed saying it could not find the metadata XML in the temp folder, although this process worked fine before. I get the same error when using the 3-1 flow, as I wanted to play with it, but this XML file is never generated in the process.

"metafier: ERROR Unable to open Metadata file 'C:\DoVi.Scripts\temp.folder77\00000_DV.xml'"
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

you have to show me the full log with ''echo on'' if you want me to help you.

But it sounds like you didn't install avisynth plus.

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlu ... 230715.exe
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

Avisynth is also installed.

Let me know how can I share the log, as it seems the forum doesn't allow me to add any files.

Seems like it fails here:

C:\DoVi_Scripts>"C:\DoVi_Scripts\tools\cm_analyze.exe" --shot-list "C:\DoVi_Scripts\temp.folder77\00000.scene.cuts.txt" -m 20 -r 24000/1001 --source-format "pq bt2020" --letterbox 0 0 0 0 --analysis-tuning 1 "C:\DoVi_Scripts\temp.folder77\00000_prores.422.mov" "C:\DoVi_Scripts\temp.folder77\00000_DV.xml"
Copyright (c) 2013-2024 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved
01/18/2024/17:38:58.310000000 ArgParser: ERROR Unknown argument '--analysis-tuning'
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

https://justpaste.it/

You need the latest Cm_analyze.exe which has the L1 tunning.