UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
nicholfd

Re: UHD support

Post by nicholfd »

ccutrer wrote:I can confirm that using the volume keys available at https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php? ... ost1826296, MakeMKV is able to directly decrypt the data on UHD discs, without the assistance of any other software. I'm using the LG WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive.
I have a couple WH16NS40 drives. Is the "SVC 50" significant? What does it stand for & how do I check mine? (firmware? drive version?)

Thanks,
Frank
Spyderturbo007

Post by Spyderturbo007 »

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. I ordered one of the listed compatible drives this afternoon. I'll be sure to contribute if I find a disk that I can't backup.

Now it's off to find out what version of Kodi supports UHD.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I've uploaded today several UHD dumps and updated also translation file for MakeMKV.

I wish to offer my best help to this amazing software. :wink:
skiddy

Post by skiddy »

Balthazar2k4 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:The leaked keys do not come from MakeMKV. They come from the community. Currently no one outside of the person leaking the keys and the makers of DeUHD know how to handle AACS 2.0 key decryption.
Wrong. I provided over 200 titles to Mike and he has created hashed keys for all of them. These were absolutely created by Mike.
So am I missing something, no more reliance on leaks from doom9, mike is deriving keys from the submitted dumps? This sounds like major progress if so. What’s stopping it becoming an automated process?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

skiddy wrote:
Balthazar2k4 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:The leaked keys do not come from MakeMKV. They come from the community. Currently no one outside of the person leaking the keys and the makers of DeUHD know how to handle AACS 2.0 key decryption.
Wrong. I provided over 200 titles to Mike and he has created hashed keys for all of them. These were absolutely created by Mike.
So am I missing something, no more reliance on leaks from doom9, mike is deriving keys from the submitted dumps? This sounds like major progress if so. What’s stopping it becoming an automated process?
Correct, no more RELIANCE on leaked keys. Mike is discerning the keys from the submitted dumps. Only Mike knows what it takes to get the title keys from the dumps so automation could be possible at some point.
preserve

Post by preserve »

skiddy wrote:So am I missing something, no more reliance on leaks from doom9, mike is deriving keys from the submitted dumps?
Correct.
skiddy wrote:What’s stopping it becoming an automated process?
People who use MakeMKV on computers without internet access? That's probably not a lot of people, but I'm one.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

nicholfd wrote:I have a couple WH16NS40 drives. Is the "SVC 50" significant? What does it stand for & how do I check mine? (firmware? drive version?)
If it doesn't say NS50 for the service code, the drive won't read BDXL data, so it can't handle UHD disks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

Well crap - mine is NS40. Does that mean mine's older, or just pot luck as to what version I received? If I buy new, new stock, is it guaranteed to be NS50?

Thanks,
Frank
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

I believe that means it was built in 2014 or earlier. NS50 drives will have a build date of 2015 or later.

New stock has a very high probability of being an NS50.
KayakNate

Post by KayakNate »

There were hashed keys removed between yesterdays file and todays. Anyone know why? Like if those removed keys produced bad files? I've ripped a few movies that had keys removed in the new version.
preserve

Post by preserve »

KayakNate wrote:There were hashed keys removed between yesterdays file and todays. Anyone know why? Like if those removed keys produced bad files? I've ripped a few movies that had keys removed in the new version.
Anyone else's guess is as good as yours if there really are keys removed. Only Mike would be able to tell you why if that's the case, and you are far more likely to get a reply (from Mike or anyone else) if you mention the specific keys that were removed. Tip: Always post specific details when asking about something - the more details you give, the more likely someone will be able to help you.

I took a very brief glance, and I didn't see any that were removed, although the alpahbetical sorting is interesting if for some reason you are reading the list rather than searching it - any lowercase come at the very end of the uppercase for each letter, and the new list isn't fully sorted. (A case-insensitive sort might be an idea.)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
nevcairiel

Post by nevcairiel »

KayakNate wrote:There were hashed keys removed between yesterdays file and todays. Anyone know why? Like if those removed keys produced bad files? I've ripped a few movies that had keys removed in the new version.
I carefully compared the two files, and I didn't see a single removal. In many cases the keys were re-sorted, sometimes even all the way to the top of the file, but I didn't see a single one that went missing.
GoofeyGuy

Post by GoofeyGuy »

I can see in the latest key file some of the dumps i provided is now suportet, but still getting an error on one of them
Planet Earth II disc 1
Failed to load content hash table, unable to verify integrity of M2TS files.

Disc 2 is working as it should

Donno why, but working now after i rebooted the pc
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

Woodstock wrote:
nicholfd wrote:I have a couple WH16NS40 drives. Is the "SVC 50" significant? What does it stand for & how do I check mine? (firmware? drive version?)
If it doesn't say NS50 for the service code, the drive won't read BDXL data, so it can't handle UHD disks.
Where do I find the "service code".

Using the key_hash file, I tried a US 4K UHD Deadpool rip, and it seems to be working... I'll update when it's finished.

Thanks,
Frank
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

nicholfd wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
Where do I find the "service code".

Using the key_hash file, I tried a US 4K UHD Deadpool rip, and it seems to be working... I'll update when it's finished.

Thanks,
Frank
It will be on the white label attached to the top of the drive. The NSXX will be in the lower right just below the barcode.