Hunger Games (UK)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dazbobaby

Hunger Games (UK)

Post by dazbobaby »

I bought The Hunger Games box set from CEX, here's my experience.

Disk 1 - The Hunger Games
Ripped but I needed to use AnyDVD due to MakeMKV not having the hash key , I'll email all the dumps to Mike so he can add them to the hash keys

Disk 2 - Catching Fire
Same as disk 1

Disk 3 - Mocking jay part 1 - It would rip to around 50% then constantly give me read errors then stop.

Disk 4 - Mocking Jay part 2 - Again read errors at around 50% then it goes no further.

I noticed that MakeMKV would report that I needed Java though it's not installed. I installed Java 1.8.0.2 and tried them again... this time they ripped without errors.

So they definitely have a Java security measure and you need java installed to finish the rip.
Kubek

Re: Hunger Games (UK)

Post by Kubek »

Hi dazbobaby, same here with ripping box-set of Hunger Games from Ama...co.uk. I was already thinking about requesting replacement from A, but it turned out that the movie works perfectly in my Oppo player.
So as you said, there is a need for Java installed? Thanks for the info!
pinkyandtherip

Post by pinkyandtherip »

US version here. I was able to backup the disc, but it throws a ton of copies of 20G files, and I get the following message when I play the disc. It sucks that Lionsgate can remove our right to create backups of these discs. Has anyone come up with a workaround? I do have Java, but apparently it's not working.
Katness.JPG
Katness.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 5724 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"Backup" doesn't use Java to find the correct title; it just backs up the directory structure, removing encryption if you selected that.

To deal with Lionsgate disks, you have to Open the disk, and save the correct playlist... Which MakeMKV+Java will try to find.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging