4K Avengers Endgame error

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
tatts4Life

4K Avengers Endgame error

Post by tatts4Life »

So I was copying my 4K disc of Endgame and with 10 seconds remaining it started spitting out errors. There was a link that mentions possible reasons and that I could try manually copying the movie. How do I do that? My Blu-Ray copy ripped fine but I would really like the Atmos soundtrack of the 4K disc instead of whatever the Blu-ray version. I would hate to have to buy another disc if there is another way to copy it.
Woodstock

Re: 4K Avengers Endgame error

Post by Woodstock »

If the errors were about not being able to read sectors, the only thing that can help that is cleaning or replacement.

However, if you do a backup of the disk, and that completes without error, you can have MakeMKV read that to make an MKV with the audio track you want.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

That's what I was trying to figure out. What can I use to try and make a back up? The link in the error report doesn't tell me what to use. All it said is either dirty disc, bad disc, or failing drive. The disc has only been used once to watch it so it's obviously clean. And I had literally bought the drive and got it working the day before. So I guess the only other thing could be that it's a bad disc which sucks.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

tatts4Life wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 am
That's what I was trying to figure out. What can I use to try and make a back up? The link in the error report doesn't tell me what to use. All it said is either dirty disc, bad disc, or failing drive. The disc has only been used once to watch it so it's obviously clean. And I had literally bought the drive and got it working the day before. So I guess the only other thing could be that it's a bad disc which sucks.
Don't rule out a bad drive just because it's new I have gotten 50+ bad drives and they were all new.
Do your testing get a replacement disk and see what happens but I think there are more bad drives then there are bad disks well at least LG/Asus drives anyway
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
niteflyr

Post by niteflyr »

tatts4Life wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 am
MakeMKV will make a full disk backup. After the disk loads, select File>Backup. If the backup completes error free, then select File>Open Files and point it at the BDMV file in the backed up movie's folder. It will then create the MKV file(s).
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

niteflyr wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:13 pm
MakeMKV will make a full disk backup. After the disk loads, select File>Backup. If the backup completes error free, then select File>Open Files and point it at the BDMV file in the backed up movie's folder. It will then create the MKV file(s).
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it didn't work so it definitely is the Disc or the Drive. With Endgame it wouldn't even give me the option to select the movie and audio tracks. I also had trouble with A Quiet Place. But with that movie it would start to rip the movie and then with 5 minutes left it would spit out 11 errors. OH WELL
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

tatts4Life wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it didn't work so it definitely is the Disc or the Drive. With Endgame it wouldn't even give me the option to select the movie and audio tracks. I also had trouble with A Quiet Place. But with that movie it would start to rip the movie and then with 5 minutes left it would spit out 11 errors. OH WELL
Probably the drive then if it's on multiple disks
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

So I've gone through all my 4K Discs and I have 6 total that have given me some kind of error. Either it will load the disc but give me errors and fail part way through. Or it will just spin the disc for several minutes saying loading and then fail with a timeout error.
At this point since my Asus drive is only 5 days old I'm just going to exchange it for a new one and hope that fixes my issue.
niteflyr

Post by niteflyr »

I had a similar issue with an LG drive that wouldn't read 4 or 5 different disks. I bought another different drive, ASUS, and had a similar issue with it also, but with different disks than the LG wouldn't read. However, I have not run into a single disk that neither would read. That may end up being your solution also.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

Bought the LG WH16NS40 and while reading the disc I got these messages before the Disc finally loaded. tried to copy and with 5 seconds left it failed
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

UPDATE: Here is what the Log looks like from start up to failure after I did a trial with just Endgame.
I did get A Quiet place to work but Guardians 2 and Kingsmen 1 fail. And Last Jedi doesn't even load. It spins and then says no disc found.
MakeMKV_Endgame_log.txt
(22.56 KiB) Downloaded 631 times
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

Is it normal for a 4K disc to fail and then some time in the future the disc will finally copy? I needed to rip 2 discs because I had a drive that was failing and decided to try Endgame again and this time it copied with no problems at all. I just have Guardians of the galaxy 2, Star Wars Last Jedi, and Kingsmen 1that are giving me issues with either not loading on my computer at all or failing to complete because of errors.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

If had a failing drive and now you don't that's why the disc worked it was always the drive as I suggest the discs were fine.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

I'm sorry I meant that the hard drive was going bad. The disc dive was new. I have to see if I can find new disc drives