Valerian 4k “No Disc” message

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jriddle

Valerian 4k “No Disc” message

Post by jriddle »

Had no issues until today when I tried to make a movie (mkv) file from Valerian 4k disc. Asus Drive on firmware 3.01 using makemkv 12.2. When makemkv reads disc I start to select options and all of a sudden I receive “No Disc” and that is where I have to close makemkv. I was Successful makeing a backup of the disc which allowed me to make the mkv file.

Any thoughts as I cleaned the disc but that did not seem to help. Tried several times with the same results. Once “No Disc” is issued Windows 10 does not recognize the disc either. Any ideas?
Woodstock

Re: Valerian 4k “No Disc” message

Post by Woodstock »

Does your "info" window confirm that you're running v1.12.2 of MakeMKV?

With the original UHD-aware versions, the drive could spin down and become inaccessible if you took too long making selections, but Mike says the latest versions keep sending "stay alive" requests to the drive to work around this. There can be times when you think MakeMKV applied the update, but the computer thinks otherwise. :roll:
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jriddle

Post by jriddle »

Woodstock wrote:Does your "info" window confirm that you're running v1.12.2 of MakeMKV?

With the original UHD-aware versions, the drive could spin down and become inaccessible if you took too long making selections, but Mike says the latest versions keep sending "stay alive" requests to the drive to work around this. There can be times when you think MakeMKV applied the update, but the computer thinks otherwise. :roll:
Thanks for your help! I always uninstall the older version and then install the new version just to make sure everything is installed properly. The issue is not time related as I try to choose my options immediately after the disc has been read. I do hear the disc spin up right before Makemkv displays the “No Disc”. Thanks again, as I’m just trying to supply information in case there is an issue with the newly released update.

Thanks,
John
jriddle

Post by jriddle »

Tried it one last time today and it worked perfectly!

Go figure as nothing changed....... :roll:

Thanks,
John