LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors problems

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
john1990

LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors problems

Post by john1990 »

I currently have LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00. Out of 10 movies I've only been able to successfully rip 1 movie. I'm able to get around all copyright protection stuff but somewhere along the way of ripping to 100% I get reading error problems. I have cleaned all the discs and they are not in bad shape at all hence why I don't know what the deal is. If anybody has any ideas let me know. The drive has never been used either so it isn't dirty neither. Thank you.
xmenw

Re: LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors probl

Post by xmenw »

john1990 wrote:I currently have LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00. Out of 10 movies I've only been able to successfully rip 1 movie. I'm able to get around all copyright protection stuff but somewhere along the way of ripping to 100% I get reading error problems. I have cleaned all the discs and they are not in bad shape at all hence why I don't know what the deal is. If anybody has any ideas let me know. The drive has never been used either so it isn't dirty neither. Thank you.

I have a WH14NS40, which seems to find errors on discs that my other drive can read, I'm starting a replacement for that drive. It could just be the drive has some issues and I only got it within the last month.
st4evr

Re: LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors probl

Post by st4evr »

That drive is an OFFICIAL UHD BD drive, which Mike (owner/developer of MakeMKV) has explicitly noted that it’s currently NOT fully supported by MakeMKV UNLESS it’s firmware is modified. Noted here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... S60#p60792

So:

1. You cross flashed it with different type of firmware to make it a UHD Friendly drive instead.

2. You are using the only other UHD BD ripping software currently on the market that DOES support ripping on this drive with stock firmware and it’s NOT MakeMKV at this time.

So, which of these two is it or is it neither?
tjohnson

Re: LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors problems

Post by tjohnson »

I noticed reference here to other software allowing certain stock software, which I assume may be DVD***. I am curious if there is a firmware compatible with allowing operation with both MKV and DVD*** which resolves both the UHD issues and other issues noted to Bluray that are present in the newer factory firmwares. Note I tend to use both MKV and DVD*** for various purposes.

So in the end the question is If I use the MKV firmware - will the drive work properly with DVD*** which appears to require a version 1.0 ? Optionally if I were to use 1.0 firmware, is the MKV now able to make use of Libre mode (this tread seems to say no, but some time has passed since the last posts and this may have changed)? Is there a solution that covers both (without having 2 drives)?
Billycar11

Re: LG-WH16NS60-Firmware Version 1.00 Disc read errors problems

Post by Billycar11 »

tjohnson wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm
I noticed reference here to other software allowing certain stock software, which I assume may be DVD***. I am curious if there is a firmware compatible with allowing operation with both MKV and DVD*** which resolves both the UHD issues and other issues noted to Bluray that are present in the newer factory firmwares. Note I tend to use both MKV and DVD*** for various purposes.

So in the end the question is If I use the MKV firmware - will the drive work properly with DVD*** which appears to require a version 1.0 ? Optionally if I were to use 1.0 firmware, is the MKV now able to make use of Libre mode (this tread seems to say no, but some time has passed since the last posts and this may have changed)? Is there a solution that covers both (without having 2 drives)?
yes 1.00 works with both
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com