how to create VUK from AACS dump file?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
captain

how to create VUK from AACS dump file?

Post by captain »

Rather than wait for the MakeMKV team to create the VUK for every disc version, is there any way that we could create them from our own AACS dump files, and then share them for inclusion to everyone? I'm not really understanding why we must retain this bottleneck, not to mention extra work for staff at MakeMKV.
MartyMcNuts

Re: how to create VUK from AACS dump file?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

captain wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:47 pm
Rather than wait for the MakeMKV team to create the VUK for every disc version, is there any way that we could create them from our own AACS dump files, and then share them for inclusion to everyone? I'm not really understanding why we must retain this bottleneck, not to mention extra work for staff at MakeMKV.
You don't create them. The only way to find the VUK is to have a device key, processing key or media key and then perform the necessary AACS decryption process.

So, in short, NO!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

They are not shared for obvious reasons. The minute they get leaked publicly they get revoked. They're hard enough to get without playing the cat and mouse game. I don't blame the people who have them for not allowing them to get leaked. As much as I'd personally like them myself, I am a realist.
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

There are things like FindVUK which (in this case) depend on DVDfab applications and users working with it.

They read the VUK from the disc and then save them onto an online database.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Ezatoka wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:01 am
There are things like FindVUK which (in this case) depend on DVDfab applications and users working with it.

I don't think FindVUK works for UHD though...
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

In the keydb file there are lots of entries for UHD movies.

Though even if you have the VUK, you still need to come around the bus encryption.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Ezatoka wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:01 am

I don't think FindVUK works for UHD though...
Oh.... it can. That's how I grabbed my sisu key.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

captain

Post by captain »

I had a feeling it was something like that. Thanks for the info. :-)