Aliens 4K (Ultimate Collector Edition)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
uhdcanuck

Re: Aliens 4K (Ultimate Collector Edition)

Post by uhdcanuck »

My 3rd replacement that just came in finally worked. Was able to rip both the Theatrical and the Special Edition portion. Yeah, the initial batch of these discs definitely had some QC issues.
Shwalamazula

Post by Shwalamazula »

uhdcanuck wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:48 pm
My 3rd replacement that just came in finally worked. Was able to rip both the Theatrical and the Special Edition portion. Yeah, the initial batch of these discs definitely had some QC issues.
I found this with a lot of discs lately. I recently sent back my new TOS Movies 4k collection for a replacement because of concentric scratches that made 2 of the discs unrippable. Now, anytime I get a disc, I immediately inspect it, just to make sure.
tbrady3742@aol.com

Post by tbrady3742@aol.com »

rkhollister wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm
so I just received my copy from DiabolikDVD. Instead of using one of my Pioneer drives, I used my LG as a test. Both cuts ripped fine, no issues.

I have no idea what is going on with these discs but my copies of The Abyss and Aliens have ripped fine.
How did you rip the movie? I have been using dvdFAB but something has gone wrong with dvdFAB and now takes over 90hrs to rip. How did you get it to record into one complete file instead of a bunch of files?

Also, is there a way that I can take the 2 discs of Ben Hur and Zach Synder's Justice League and make it into one file containing both discs?

I have the latest version 1.17.6 which if disc contains whole movie in one file like The Last Castle it works fine. Thanks for your help.
Shwalamazula

Post by Shwalamazula »

tbrady3742@aol.com wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:05 pm
rkhollister wrote:
so I just received my copy from DiabolikDVD. Instead of using one of my Pioneer drives, I used my LG as a test. Both cuts ripped fine, no issues.

I have no idea what is going on with these discs but my copies of The Abyss and Aliens have ripped fine.
How did you rip the movie? I have been using dvdFAB but something has gone wrong with dvdFAB and now takes over 90hrs to rip. How did you get it to record into one complete file instead of a bunch of files?

Also, is there a way that I can take the 2 discs of Ben Hur and Zach Synder's Justice League and make it into one file containing both discs?

I have the latest version 1.17.6 which if disc contains whole movie in one file like The Last Castle it works fine. Thanks for your help.
I use MKVToolNix to split/combine videos. I use it mainly for anime, since a lot of anime I have been putting in my system tends to have all the titles in 1 file. I use MKVToolNix to split the files by chapter, then recombine individual episodes.
tbrady3742@aol.com

Shwalamazula wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 am
tbrady3742@aol.com wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:05 pm
rkhollister wrote:

I use MKVToolNix to split/combine videos. I use it mainly for anime, since a lot of anime I have been putting in my system tends to have all the titles in 1 file. I use MKVToolNix to split the files by chapter, then recombine individual episodes.
Where did you get MKVToolNix? DVDfab does this so much easier but it isn't working for me at the moment.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Toker

Post by Toker »

My LG BU40N has been acting up lately and was taking several attemps to rip certain discs. I was able to rip True Lies without issue and tried Alies (Director's Cut). Couldn't get it to rip and had a lot of errors. Decided to get the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK and Aliens ripped without any issues.
tbrady3742@aol.com

Toker wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:54 pm
My LG BU40N has been acting up lately and was taking several attemps to rip certain discs. I was able to rip True Lies without issue and tried Alies (Director's Cut). Couldn't get it to rip and had a lot of errors. Decided to get the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK and Aliens ripped without any issues.
That could be the problem because I haven't had any issues with ripping blu-rays. Actually happened after I tried to rip Aquaman 2
tbrady3742@aol.com

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 am
https://mkvtoolnix.download/
Thanks for the link. Didn't work for Aliens, had to send back to get another copy but it did work on other 4K discs. I also found out that there was multiple files of movies on discs. Every time I ripped a Star Wars disc, it would show foreign language at the beginning. The one with the English writing was at the bottom. Same thing for the Pixar/Disney movies. Thought they were sending me movies that was supposed to be sent overseas. LOL Thanks again for showing me this program.