would anyone have a spare drive?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
smartieyoung

would anyone have a spare drive?

Post by smartieyoung »

i dont know if this is alliwed or not to solicate business frim other members or not.if its not allowed please lock .my question is im thinking i need to replace my be16nu50 drive because i dont think its registaring wirh my cimouter.ive looked on amazon and ive seen a few good looking drives however i dont want to get a drive however that has bad firmware loaded onto it plus im waiting for my next paycheck to come in as well.i guess my question i pose to the forum does anyone have a good spare uhd drive they arent using? i would love to give an old drive a new life.if not can someone point me to a good legit place online where i could buy a really good uhd drive.thanks for any help.
B17NNS

Re: would anyone have a spare drive?

Post by B17NNS »

alexcoluzzi32

Post by alexcoluzzi32 »

smartieyoung wrote:i dont know if this is alliwed or not to solicate business frim other members or not.if its not allowed please lock .my question is im thinking i need to replace my be16nu50 drive because i dont think its registaring wirh my cimouter.ive looked on amazon and ive seen a few good looking drives however i dont want to get a drive however that has bad firmware loaded onto it plus im waiting for my next paycheck to come in as well.i guess my question i pose to the forum does anyone have a good spare uhd drive they arent using? i would love to give an old drive a new life.if not can someone point me to a good legit place online where i could buy a really good uhd drive.thanks for any help.

Hi, please drop me an email, it's my username, at, that search engine company's mail service dot com :-)

Ryhmes with heepail

Or PM me here if that's too cryptic, lol.
buffalo master

Post by buffalo master »

Do you have a Fry's Electronics nearby?

Mine has many "OEM" drives just laying out without any box or anything. I could sift through them all to find one with the right manufacture date. Most even have the firmware written on the sticker. This was last week at the Plano, TX location.
alexcoluzzi32

Post by alexcoluzzi32 »

buffalo master wrote:Do you have a Fry's Electronics nearby?

Mine has many "OEM" drives just laying out without any box or anything. I could sift through them all to find one with the right manufacture date. Most even have the firmware written on the sticker. This was last week at the Plano, TX location.
Good talking with you sir.
Last edited by alexcoluzzi32 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

sucess new drive from alex plus new makemkv program =uhd ripping success
alexcoluzzi32

Post by alexcoluzzi32 »

smartieyoung wrote:sucess new drive from alex plus new makemkv program =uhd ripping success
Right on! Glad this worked out.

I bought 5 more drives today, 3xLG WH16NS40 and 2xLG BH16NS40. I've sent out 5 drives so far, have at least 10 here and a couple enclosures, and am not making a dime, actually I've lost money because of the paypal taxation.

Smartie I'm going refund your paypal and since you have the drive and it's working would you hit me again and pay as friends and family so I don't get dinged the 3% please?

For anyone else, if it's a matter of trusting me to send you a drive i'll front it to you and trust you to pay upon receipt rather than have to give paypal a cut and lose money.