Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Swp2000

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Post by Swp2000 »

Hi guys,
i am new here and have problems with reading 4K UHD Blurays. I have bought the BH16NS55.AUAU10B/BH16NS55.AUAA10B
with firmware should i flash?
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:25 am
newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 am
Hello, i am thinking to return that player and buy Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD if you think it can rip flawlessly out of the box without any changes. Kindly let me know please. thanks again
no the pioneers no longer work out of the box unless you buy them from a flasher
Thanks again to everyone who is responding to help me here.
Finally i decided to return the Archgon to amazon as I do not want to take a chance in doing manual changes just to make my 4k rip work. Just bought option 3/LG from Bluntman here as it comes with pre-flashed and expected to work out of the box.
Need some inputs from this forum now.
So with my new drive coming in---
--Say, i have licensed of both makemkv and DVDFab UHD ripper SW. FYI, i have been using DVDFab Blu-ray ripper so far which works like a breeze.
--I have already deleted/uninstalled whatever I installed/copied like some additional SD flasher tool, framework modules, etc. and cleaned up my windows 11 just like before.
--Once I receive this pre-flashed LG from Bluntsman, my assumption is that i just out of the box open dvdfab or makemkv and try ripping my 4K discs without any changes. Is my understanding correct?
Or, i still need some pre-requisites?

thanks a lot in advance.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

Billycar11 wrote:
no the pioneers no longer work out of the box unless you buy them from a flasher
FYI, the word "flasher" can also be used to mean something else entirely! (I hope! :wink:)

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... sh/flasher

:shock:
Manciple

Post by Manciple »

Hello:

New to the forum and joined to ask two specific questions.

My specific questions: Is it still true that post-December 2022 Pioneers have firmware that cannot be downgraded? Related, is it likely that a Pioneer BDR-S13U-X bought directly from Amazon will have firmware that still cannot be crossflashed or downgraded?

Edited to add: Country of residence is United States.

Some context, if helpful:

I see that on the first post of this forum, but I also read on another thread (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831) that "MakeMKV now supports pioneer drives for ripping UHD discs." I read the content on the first post in this thread that, "Pioneer UHD drives are now supported more info about that will be coming from the developer... it is a work in progress," so if it's still an issue in limbo, that's a good enough answer.

I also checked out the support thread specifically for Pioneer drives over here (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27378), but I'm still not sure.

Where I am: I've picked up an entry-level LG drive (WH16NS40) for $60. I'm going to try to flash myself using the tools and guidance in the Ultimate UHD Flashing Guide (viewtopic.php?p=74718#p74718). After I use the entry-level LG a bit, I may spring for the Pioneer BDR-S13U-X.

I appreciate the community here. I'm a bit of a DIY hobbyist, so I would like to go through the process of firmware downgrading myself, using the tools offered here, if it will now work on the new Pioneers. The outcome I want to avoid is buying a new Pioneer drive, and voiding its return after it either :
  • (a) won't take the firmware downgrade or
  • (b) worse yet, winds up bricked after an attempted firmware downgrade.
Last edited by Manciple on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

What's your country of residence?
gagans

Post by gagans »

I am getting about 6x rips.... What did I miss? What did I not flash properly? Also getting a lot of errors. so far unable to successfully make an mkv.
Billycar11 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:20 am

LG WH14NS40, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25 sata | Rip speed 8x BD 66 ~45 mins BD 100 ~1 hour if flashed properly other wise 6x rips speed and slower then BU40N
Manciple

Post by Manciple »

United States.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:47 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 am
Hello, i am thinking to return that player and buy Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD if you think it can rip flawlessly out of the box without any changes. Kindly let me know please. thanks again
Finally i decided to return the Archgon to amazon as I do not want to take a chance in doing manual changes just to make my 4k rip work. Just bought option 3/LG from Bluntman here as it comes with pre-flashed and expected to work out of the box.
--Say, i have licensed of both makemkv and DVDFab UHD ripper SW. FYI, i have been using DVDFab Blu-ray ripper so far which works like a breeze.
--I have already deleted/uninstalled whatever I installed/copied like some additional SD flasher tool, framework modules, etc. and cleaned up my windows 11 just like before.
--Once I receive this pre-flashed LG from Bluntsman, my assumption is that i just out of the box open dvdfab or makemkv and try ripping my 4K discs without any changes. Is my understanding correct?

thanks a lot in advance.
Providing Bluntman has flashed it with BU40N 1.00 firmware, yes it will work with DVDFab out of the box. If it has BU40N 1.03-MK or BP60NB10 MK firmware, then no, it won't work with DVDFab.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:33 am
newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:47 pm
Billycar11 wrote:

thanks a lot in advance.
Providing Bluntman has flashed it with BU40N 1.00 firmware, yes it will work with DVDFab out of the box. If it has BU40N 1.03-MK or BP60NB10 MK firmware, then no, it won't work with DVDFab.
ah what a complicated one ;)
Bluntman has already confirmed to me that his drive should work with both dvdfab and makemkv.
Hoping for the best. Let us see.
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

Very strange today.
Following my previous few posts, i just cleaned up my windows 11 laptop by removing all newly installed firmware, SD flash tool, etc. and ended up only with original/unmodified makemkv (licensed) and dvdfab Blu-ray/UHD ripper.
Tried ripping my old Blu-ray disc using dvdfab and to my surprise, did not work but threw same disc error which I got for 4K ripping. Pls note that dvdfab used to work flawlessly for all my Blu-ray ripping just before I tried with a 4K disc.
Then tried same with makemkv and threw same error (Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE
FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT) which i got for 4k ripping before.
I just re-attempted makemkv which worked fine for blu-ray ripping.
I really don't know what happened ...
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

gagans wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:23 pm
I am getting about 6x rips.... What did I miss? What did I not flash properly? Also getting a lot of errors. so far unable to successfully make an mkv.
Billycar11 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:20 am

LG WH14NS40, UHD Friendly Internal 5.25 sata | Rip speed 8x BD 66 ~45 mins BD 100 ~1 hour if flashed properly other wise 6x rips speed and slower then BU40N
did you flash to WH16NS60 1.02 as the guide says that will give you 8x and no sleep bug...
but yeah lg/asus drives are just junk these days glad to be done with them but what's your error likely need to clean disc
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

newmkv wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:34 am
Very strange today.
Following my previous few posts, i just cleaned up my windows 11 laptop by removing all newly installed firmware, SD flash tool, etc. and ended up only with original/unmodified makemkv (licensed) and dvdfab Blu-ray/UHD ripper.
Tried ripping my old Blu-ray disc using dvdfab and to my surprise, did not work but threw same disc error which I got for 4K ripping. Pls note that dvdfab used to work flawlessly for all my Blu-ray ripping just before I tried with a 4K disc.
Then tried same with makemkv and threw same error (Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE
FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT) which i got for 4k ripping before.
I just re-attempted makemkv which worked fine for blu-ray ripping.
I really don't know what happened ...
could be a few things new aacs version revoked your drive as its not flashed
power to low and drive is rebooting
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
natra

Post by natra »

natra wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 pm
Hi guys, will my drive work.

Drive Information

Manufacturer: ASUS

Product: BW-16D1H-U

Revision: E114

Serial number: RFDL020701WL

Firmware date: 2017-12-21

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8601

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: E114/ID71

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Does anyone know if I can flash this drive and if so, what files should I be using?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

natra wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:38 am
natra wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 pm
Hi guys, will my drive work.

Drive Information

Manufacturer: ASUS

Product: BW-16D1H-U

Revision: E114

Serial number: RFDL020701WL

Firmware date: 2017-12-21

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8601

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: E114/ID71

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Does anyone know if I can flash this drive and if so, what files should I be using?
That drive can only be professionally flashed email me for that see below
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Manciple wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 pm
United States.
Check your PM.