SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
kaosx

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by kaosx »

Can I make a most humble suggestion-

Would somebody please explain WHICH firmware to use with each drive in the instructions on the first page?

I spent a long time getting nowhere because I was trying to flash an LG BH16NS55 drive with the DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02.bin firmware because

- there's nothing in the instructions that says not to
- the model matches

I found out that I was supposed to be using a different firmware from a Reddit post.

To put it bluntly- I suspect a LOT of support issues could be solved with very little effort.
*Normally I would offer to write it up but I simply don't understand what's going on, maybe it's a secret I missed or common knowledge that I looked for and escaped me.

Cheers
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

kaosx wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:11 am
Can I make a most humble suggestion-

Would somebody please explain WHICH firmware to use with each drive in the instructions on the first page?

I spent a long time getting nowhere because I was trying to flash an LG BH16NS55 drive with the DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02.bin firmware because

- there's nothing in the instructions that says not to
- the model matches

I found out that I was supposed to be using a different firmware from a Reddit post.

To put it bluntly- I suspect a LOT of support issues could be solved with very little effort.
*Normally I would offer to write it up but I simply don't understand what's going on, maybe it's a secret I missed or common knowledge that I looked for and escaped me.

Cheers
It is all in the first post of the UHD drives guide.... viewtopic.php?p=74718#p74718

Anyway, essentially for all LG internal desktop drives the recommended firmware is WH16NS60 1.02-MK. For UHD discs, this firmware works with MakeMKV and AnyDVD HD. For use with other software, such as DVDFab, you can flash to WH16NS60 1.00 after first flashing to WH16NS60 1.02-MK.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT and I do not know what firmware I have (Win10 Ent 22H2 19045.4291). I ran you latest updater SDFtool Flasher.exe (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22896) and all of a sudden, I'm getting an error in Device Manager - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed). I uninstall it, scan for changes, and it continually reappears. Running Win10 Hardware & Devices Diagnostics does not resolve the issue.

I have been having problems burning BD50 discs - no issues with BD25. I only ran your software to check the firmware. I understand that there is a "sleep bug" that may be involved.

Please advise on this (my unit is from 2018).

Thank you!

--- DS
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

DeathStalker wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:06 pm
I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT and I do not know what firmware I have (Win10 Ent 22H2 19045.4291). I ran you latest updater SDFtool Flasher.exe (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22896) and all of a sudden, I'm getting an error in Device Manager - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed). I uninstall it, scan for changes, and it continually reappears. Running Win10 Hardware & Devices Diagnostics does not resolve the issue.

I have been having problems burning BD50 discs - no issues with BD25. I only ran your software to check the firmware. I understand that there is a "sleep bug" that may be involved.

Please advise on this (my unit is from 2018).

Thank you!

--- DS
asus and lg drives just dont burn discs good

the sleep bug has nothing to do with burning that only has to do with UHD discs

sdftool would not cause the usb error.

try power cycling everthing computer usb case ect if that dont work your drive or usb case has died and it not from this
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Yeah, I already posted elsewhere that it clearly wasn't the problem. I posted more detailed info about the drive, firmware, and asking what the best options are (in the main forum).

--- DS