Patching drive doesn't appear to do anything?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
phaelax

Patching drive doesn't appear to do anything?

Post by phaelax »

I have an LG BP60NB10 slim drive and used marty's sdf tool to flash it using DE_LG_BP60NB10_1.02-MK.bin. All seemed to work fine, no errors.
Reloading makemkv and nothing appears to have changed in the drive info. It was on revision 1.02 already so nothing changed there. But the libredrive info stayed the same as well. As a result, trying to rip my 4k bluray fails. Did I miss a step? Any suggestions?

I've been slowly digitizing my dvd library and now I've hit my blurays it's become a hit or miss with my older drive (LG GGC-H20L plays bluray & hd-dvd) and then I got a new 4k movie which prompted me to invest in a new drive and brings me to my current dilemma.

makemkv log:

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.

dcoke22

Re: Patching drive doesn't appear to do anything?

Post by dcoke22 »

If the drive is properly flashed, the LibreDrive status will say 'Enabled'.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

phaelax wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:31 pm
I have an LG BP60NB10 slim drive and used marty's sdf tool to flash it using DE_LG_BP60NB10_1.02-MK.bin. All seemed to work fine, no errors.
Reloading makemkv and nothing appears to have changed in the drive info. It was on revision 1.02 already so nothing changed there. But the libredrive info stayed the same as well. As a result, trying to rip my 4k bluray fails. Did I miss a step? Any suggestions?

I've been slowly digitizing my dvd library and now I've hit my blurays it's become a hit or miss with my older drive (LG GGC-H20L plays bluray & hd-dvd) and then I got a new 4k movie which prompted me to invest in a new drive and brings me to my current dilemma.

makemkv log:

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.

Look at the sticker underneath the drive. Is it a NB10 or NB12. If it is NB12, you need to use the BP60NB10 NB12 1.02-MK firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
phaelax

Post by phaelax »

Ok it does have a svc of NB12. I just tried DE_LG_BP60NB10-NB12_1.02-MK.bin and still nothing changed.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

phaelax wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:57 pm
Ok it does have a svc of NB12. I just tried DE_LG_BP60NB10-NB12_1.02-MK.bin and still nothing changed.
with enc?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
phaelax

Post by phaelax »

I didn't check the enc box, I thought it was just a small list that need that and I didn't recall seeing mine on it.
phaelax

Post by phaelax »

ok, well I guess that was it. It's now been patched, glad it was something stupidly simple.