asus bc12d2ht usually fails to open UHD disc

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Statick

asus bc12d2ht usually fails to open UHD disc

Post by Statick »

I recently flashed my Asus BC12D2HT drive in order to rip UHD discs. The flash worked fine and the drive still reads regular BR discs no problem. it's the "MT1959" version of the drive which according to stuff I've read on here is required for this drive to take the flash

I have successfully ripped one UHD disc, around 90GB in data, but it took several attempts to get the disc to open before it would rip, and since then if I put the same disc back in it usually fails to open (makemkv spends a few minutes accessing the disc then says there's no disc inserted). usually a reboot sorts it. usually the disc will fail to open a couple of times before it does finally open, then afterwards it usually continues to fail until a reboot.

is this normal behaviour and just something I have to live with if opening UHD discs on this drive? or is there anything I can do to make it more reliable?
MartyMcNuts

Re: asus bc12d2ht usually fails to open UHD disc

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Statick wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm
I recently flashed my Asus BC12D2HT drive in order to rip UHD discs. The flash worked fine and the drive still reads regular BR discs no problem. it's the "MT1959" version of the drive which according to stuff I've read on here is required for this drive to take the flash

I have successfully ripped one UHD disc, around 90GB in data, but it took several attempts to get the disc to open before it would rip, and since then if I put the same disc back in it usually fails to open (makemkv spends a few minutes accessing the disc then says there's no disc inserted). usually a reboot sorts it. usually the disc will fail to open a couple of times before it does finally open, then afterwards it usually continues to fail until a reboot.

is this normal behaviour and just something I have to live with if opening UHD discs on this drive? or is there anything I can do to make it more reliable?
These are absolute garbage drives and I do not recommend them at all!!

Try cleaning your UHD discs before attempting to rip them. Also put the disc in the drive and let the OS initialize it before opening MakeMKV.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com