BD-Drive with good read quality/error correction?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
loopydoodle

BD-Drive with good read quality/error correction?

Post by loopydoodle »

I have had two BD-ROMs which threw errors when reading them, like this:
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/dev/sr0' at offset '23035576320'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00500.m2ts' at offset '23035576320'
My current drive is an LG BH08LS20. It read lots of other disks with no issues, and the disks throwing errors had never been played. So I am wondering if they had manufacturing defects and my drive wasn't able to correct for them. I am wondering if a different drive might fare better. I don't want to spend tons of money on this, so I was looking at classifieds and found these models:
  • Pioneer BDR-206D
  • Pioneer BDR-209D
  • LG BH16NS55
  • LG CH12NS40
  • LG BH16NS40
Are there particularly good experiences with the read quality of any of these?
loopydoodle

Re: BD-Drive with good read quality/error correction?

Post by loopydoodle »

I also found *tons* of Asus BW-16D1HT and a few BC-12D2HT. The former often being sold new in box - which makes me wonder if those are unsuitable for whta many people bought them for...
Billycar11

Re: BD-Drive with good read quality/error correction?

Post by Billycar11 »

loopydoodle wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:41 am
I also found *tons* of Asus BW-16D1HT and a few BC-12D2HT. The former often being sold new in box - which makes me wonder if those are unsuitable for whta many people bought them for...
because at the time only lg and asus could work i recommend a pioneer see my post below how to order 1 from me or a seller in your region im in the usa and only ship to the usa
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com