Cyberlink PowerDVD with a Flashed Pioneer

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Checkerknight

Cyberlink PowerDVD with a Flashed Pioneer

Post by Checkerknight »

I looked around a little bit for a solution to this but didn't see much. I have a Pioneer BDR-212DBK Flashed (BDR-212T) and am trying to run playback on Cyberlink in to use process monitor and get the correct segment map for certain movies. I see alot of people saying that a flashed drive will not work with Cyberlink, but I'm having a different issue than others it would seem. I can open the file, and it will start playing but I will only be presented with a black screen and no sound. But the timer will be going and playback will "play". The same disc will work in my LG drive that is not flashed so it leads me to believe that it is an issue related to flashing the drive, but I would like to know if anyone can confirm, or let me know of a way to get it to start working again.
Coopervid

Re: Cyberlink PowerDVD with a Flashed Pioneer

Post by Coopervid »

Checkerknight wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:08 pm
I looked around a little bit for a solution to this but didn't see much. I have a Pioneer BDR-212DBK Flashed (BDR-212T) and am trying to run playback on Cyberlink in to use process monitor and get the correct segment map for certain movies. I see alot of people saying that a flashed drive will not work with Cyberlink, but I'm having a different issue than others it would seem. I can open the file, and it will start playing but I will only be presented with a black screen and no sound. But the timer will be going and playback will "play". The same disc will work in my LG drive that is not flashed so it leads me to believe that it is an issue related to flashing the drive, but I would like to know if anyone can confirm, or let me know of a way to get it to start working again.
Sounds weird to me. You have a couple of options. Rip the disc to folder with Makemkv. Play it then from the backup. If you want to play the original disc there is AnyDVD from Redfox that decrypts on the fly for PowerDVD.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, it's not really weird. It's not an official drive. It's a drive that's been flashed but doesn't contain the AACS 2.x hardware required to properly decrypt the disc. So yes, as has been mentioned, decrypt it and it'll work fine.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

So he is working with the SGX setup. I thought that has been switched off.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Only for those that take the latest update that disables UHD support. They said it works with their LG drive so clearly UHD support is working, just not with a flashed Pio drive that's not really official.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 pm
Only for those that take the latest update that disables UHD support. They said it works with their LG drive so clearly UHD support is working, just not with a flashed Pio drive that's not really official.
Thanks! I didn't know they still support the old SGX stuff.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

To be clear, they don't support it. They expect everyone to upgrade to the patch that removes it. But why would anyone do that? LOL So long as the patch is never applied, it'll continue to work until Cyberlink shuts down the online server that provisions keys. Unknown when that will happen.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

So they honor old versions and SGX still works with those? Really generous! :D :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

For now. Until they shut down the server that PowerDVD connects to in order to retrieve certs and keys.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I suggest to get off a SGX solution ASAP. Hints have been provided.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Of course. I haven't installed SGX in years, personally. Yet my PowerDVD instance plays every UHD I own. Funny how that works. LMAO
Checkerknight

Post by Checkerknight »

Yall had a whole conversation before I checked back in haha. I will just have to use the LG drive if I need to get segment mapping. Was just curious because like I said, most people say the disc wont even open in Cyberlink. Oh well though. Thanks anyway!
outlier

Post by outlier »

For me both the LG drives and the Pioneer drives came with Cyberlink PowerDVD, but LG’s version was newer (more like less old) so that’s what I’ve kept installed. It works with my LGs (flashed) but has had issues with my Pioneers (unflashed) so I’ve just stuck to using it with the LGs—I basically assumed that the software build is specialized for LG or Cyberlink broke something with Pioneer in the less-old version & didn’t retest.