www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 18
I'm using makemkv 1.5.3 and I'm still getting a message that makemkv has expired. Here's the message (commandline version):

MakeMKV v1.5.3 beta linux(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation period has expired, shreware functionality unavailable.
Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions.
Failed to open disc

I thought the whole point of 1.5.3 was to address this problem with 1.5.2? Can we please just buy this thing already? I'm getting tired of updating every week just to avoid the expiration issues. Great program, but if you're going to charge for it, just do it and let us upgrade when needed.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 18
Okay, I figured it out. You need this in your ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf file:

#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.5.3 beta linux(x86-release)
#

app_Key = "T-mOHnvxAzRVgj8jGfDryg55hQcCQkFkt9J8GfgijeZZWLPhajBGzCuEu_vOLvDlVo_B"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:50 pm
Posts: 19
nfazz wrote:
Can we please just buy this thing already? I'm getting tired of updating every week just to avoid the expiration issues. Great program, but if you're going to charge for it, just do it and let us upgrade when needed.

Thanks


Just use the link from the program itself (Help->Purchase) to buy MakeMKV. I did so a few weeks back and don't have any problems updating.

Oh and by the way: I would remove the app_Key from your post above - we wouldn't want people to register for the full version of the program without paying for it now do we?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 am
Posts: 349
moviemaniac wrote:
...
Just use the link from the program itself (Help->Purchase) to buy MakeMKV. I did so a few weeks back and don't have any problems updating.

Oh and by the way: I would remove the app_Key from your post above - we wouldn't want people to register for the full version of the program without paying for it now do we?


Hi! the key posted above is the same key posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Its the offical "beta" key posted by mike-admin, so its perfectly fine to use :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 18
Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 am
Posts: 972
nfazz wrote:
Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.
Why wait? -> http://www.makemkv.com/buy/

_________________
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:50 pm
Posts: 19
skittle wrote:
moviemaniac wrote:
...
Just use the link from the program itself (Help->Purchase) to buy MakeMKV. I did so a few weeks back and don't have any problems updating.

Oh and by the way: I would remove the app_Key from your post above - we wouldn't want people to register for the full version of the program without paying for it now do we?


Hi! the key posted above is the same key posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Its the offical "beta" key posted by mike-admin, so its perfectly fine to use :)


Oh, thanks, didn't know about that :D I looked for a way to get the program when it expired but I didn't find that post so I just bought the program :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 am
Posts: 972
I paid for it because Mike does excellent work and deserves to be paid for it.

_________________
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 18
crowfax wrote:
nfazz wrote:
Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.
Why wait? -> http://www.makemkv.com/buy/


Thanks for the link. If they want people to purchase the program, they should probably link to the 'buy' page from their homepage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am
Posts: 3
how do you do this process on a mac?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Posts: 3384
phil_geek wrote:
how do you do this process on a mac?

Application menu - about - register


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am
Posts: 3
there is no register button

Attachment:
File comment: About box
Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 9.14.18 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 9.14.18 AM.png [ 26.44 KiB | Viewed 75301 times ]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Posts: 3384
Is there one under Help menu?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am
Posts: 3
Yes, but it was grayed out until today. It's been working for a couple weeks, just saying it was expired. Now it stopped working completely and the register link under help was not grayed out for the first time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 8:07 am
Posts: 1
Quote:
I paid for it because Mike does excellent work and deserves to be paid for it.


I bougth it too. :mrgreen: I think developer always need to be encouraged for his hard work.

_________________
blackberry developer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group