Evaluation version expired?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
nfazz

Evaluation version expired?

Post by nfazz »

I'm using makemkv 1.5.3 and I'm still getting a message that makemkv has expired. Here's the message (commandline version):

MakeMKV v1.5.3 beta linux(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation period has expired, shreware functionality unavailable.
Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions.
Failed to open disc

I thought the whole point of 1.5.3 was to address this problem with 1.5.2? Can we please just buy this thing already? I'm getting tired of updating every week just to avoid the expiration issues. Great program, but if you're going to charge for it, just do it and let us upgrade when needed.

Thanks
nfazz

Re: Evaluation version expired?

Post by nfazz »

Okay, I figured it out. You need this in your ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf file:

#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.5.3 beta linux(x86-release)
#

app_Key = "T-mOHnvxAzRVgj8jGfDryg55hQcCQkFkt9J8GfgijeZZWLPhajBGzCuEu_vOLvDlVo_B"
moviemaniac

Post by moviemaniac »

nfazz wrote: Can we please just buy this thing already? I'm getting tired of updating every week just to avoid the expiration issues. Great program, but if you're going to charge for it, just do it and let us upgrade when needed.

Thanks
Just use the link from the program itself (Help->Purchase) to buy MakeMKV. I did so a few weeks back and don't have any problems updating.

Oh and by the way: I would remove the app_Key from your post above - we wouldn't want people to register for the full version of the program without paying for it now do we?
skittle

Post by skittle »

moviemaniac wrote:...
Just use the link from the program itself (Help->Purchase) to buy MakeMKV. I did so a few weeks back and don't have any problems updating.

Oh and by the way: I would remove the app_Key from your post above - we wouldn't want people to register for the full version of the program without paying for it now do we?
Hi! the key posted above is the same key posted here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Its the offical "beta" key posted by mike-admin, so its perfectly fine to use :)
nfazz

Post by nfazz »

Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

nfazz wrote:Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.
Why wait? -> http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
moviemaniac

Post by moviemaniac »

skittle wrote:
moviemaniac wrote:...

Hi! the key posted above is the same key posted here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Its the offical "beta" key posted by mike-admin, so its perfectly fine to use :)
Oh, thanks, didn't know about that :D I looked for a way to get the program when it expired but I didn't find that post so I just bought the program :mrgreen:
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I paid for it because Mike does excellent work and deserves to be paid for it.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
nfazz

Post by nfazz »

crowfax wrote:
nfazz wrote:Yes, it's just the beta key. I don't use the GUI version of the program, so I can't really use the menu item to purchase the program. I will just wait for the official release to purchase it.
Why wait? -> http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Thanks for the link. If they want people to purchase the program, they should probably link to the 'buy' page from their homepage.
phil_geek

Post by phil_geek »

how do you do this process on a mac?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

phil_geek wrote:how do you do this process on a mac?
Application menu - about - register
phil_geek

Post by phil_geek »

there is no register button
About box
About box
Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 9.14.18 AM.png (26.44 KiB) Viewed 119274 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Is there one under Help menu?
phil_geek

Post by phil_geek »

Yes, but it was grayed out until today. It's been working for a couple weeks, just saying it was expired. Now it stopped working completely and the register link under help was not grayed out for the first time.
serje

Post by serje »

I paid for it because Mike does excellent work and deserves to be paid for it.
I bougth it too. :mrgreen: I think developer always need to be encouraged for his hard work.