Errormessage: Application failed to initialize on Linux

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Nuttson

Errormessage: Application failed to initialize on Linux

Post by Nuttson »

Hi,
im getting this error for a few days. Im on Debian Stretch with the latest makemkv.

When i try to run makemkvcon i get:

$makemkvcon
$makemkvcon: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec-ffmpeg.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So this can be true because i have installed (probably upgraded) to libavcodec57.

What should i do?
Nuttson

Re: Errormessage: Application failed to initialize on Linux

Post by Nuttson »

Got it, i had to recompile it. It´s working now.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

Tried upgrading 1.9.7 to 1.9.10 (compiled with ffmpeg 3.0.2). Getting this message when starting the gui. I don't use the console so I can only say that the usage message displays without error.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

sblack55 wrote:Tried upgrading 1.9.7 to 1.9.10 (compiled with ffmpeg 3.0.2). Getting this message when starting the gui. I don't use the console so I can only say that the usage message displays without error.
I just rebuilt, this time using ffmpeg 2.7.3. Still getting "Application failed to initialize" error.
zeroeffect96

Post by zeroeffect96 »

I am running into the same issue when upgrading from version 1.9.9 to 1.9.10. I have tried suggestions in this forum and on other site but I still have to revert back to version 1.9.9 to get the application to work. I have all ready purchased a key so that shouldn't be the issue. I have updated all dependencies too. What else should I be looking for?

Thank you for your time.
Vicky4

Post by Vicky4 »

sblack55 wrote:
sblack55 wrote:Tried upgrading 1.9.7 to 1.9.10 (compiled with ffmpeg 3.0.2). Getting this message when starting the gui. I don't use the console so I can only say that the usage message displays without error.
I just rebuilt, this time using ffmpeg 2.7.3. Still getting "Application failed to initialize" error.
Did you just reuse the already unpacked folder "makemkv-oss-1.9.9"? If so, delete it and unpack again, then rebuilt and install as usual. I just stumbled on this myself.
(I haven't tried the newest MakeMKV version myself yet.)