Make New Folder in Default Output Location and Auto Naming

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
GlavTheMan

Make New Folder in Default Output Location and Auto Naming

Post by GlavTheMan »

Hello

I have the latest version of MakeMKV on the latest version of Ubuntu Server with Desktop GUI.

I want to know if it is possible to choose a Default Output Location (say Media/Movies) and have a New Folder created automatically in that folder based on the movie title on the disk or ISO (say DeadPool) once the create MKV button is clicked? So the path to the movie DeadPool would be Media/Movies/DeadPool/DeadPool.mkv.

The second issue is about the naming of the files and hence the automatically created folder. Can I get rid of the underscores and the 't01' from the name?

Currently I'm ripping my old DVD's and entering the movie name manually and then using 'Files to Folder' on my Win 10 PC to create the separate folders for each MKV file. it creates the folder and places the file in it with the same name and does it for bulk files. But maybe there is a way to do this all from the MakeMKV application automatically by editing settings or something.

Thanks
Glav
Woodstock

Re: Make New Folder in Default Output Location and Auto Nami

Post by Woodstock »

The Auto and SemiAuto options for default destination are based upon the disk title, not the location of an ISO.

And no, you cannot currently get away from the "_" for space substitution, or the _tnn suffix, without manually changing the file name. It is a much-requested option.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cpare

Re: Make New Folder in Default Output Location and Auto Nami

Post by cpare »

You're on Linux and using a UI? Perhaps you need to just script this out:

Code: Select all

#Variables
OUTPUT_DIR="/movies"
SOURCE_DRIVE="/dev/sr0"

#Get Disc Label
DISC_TITLE=`blkid -o value -s LABEL $SOURCE_DRIVE`