Converting Bluray ISOs to MKV files...

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
efernandezjr

Converting Bluray ISOs to MKV files...

Post by efernandezjr »

Hey guys,

Please forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else but I poked around and didn't find an answer to my specific situation. Basically, I backed up my entire bluray collection to ISO files so I could use them in Kodi when I got my media streamer two years ago. A week ago, I got myself a newer streamer that has a few extra features (including playing 3D blurays off the MVC format -- which is friendlier with forced subs than ISOs). Long story short, I want to convert my ISOs to MKVs but they keep failing (so far, I've only tried it with 3D ones -- I wnt to test how well they work with the streamer) when I try to convert them using MakeMKV. I'd like to know why that is and if anyone has found a solution. I'm trying to avoid having to go back to my original discs as I've put them all in storage and I don't want to have to deal with rummaging through my attic and moving 100 things to find them. I'm on a Macbook Pro running Mac OS Sierra and my version of MakeMKV is 1.10.4.

Thank you!
devwadand

Re: Converting Bluray ISOs to MKV files...

Post by devwadand »

First when you are going from ISO to MKV with makeMKV its called remuxing, don't confuse that with converting (makemkv does not convert content).
Second the latest release of makeMKV stated that previous versions where damaging the MKV or ISO file (I don't know what is exactly is being damaged or corrupted). So if you are trying to remux the ISO file into MKV, makemkv is probably seeing it as damaged and no matter how many time you run it it will fail. Try using the actual 3D bluray disc and see if it will remux it from that. If it does you'll have to rerip/remux all your 3D bluray discs to MKV.
-Good Luck-