makemkvcon and Dolby 5.1

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
mohahn

makemkvcon and Dolby 5.1

Post by mohahn »

Hello,

I'm lost a bit and I'm not a pro.
At the moment I'm using MakeMKV and HandBrakeCLI in a headless environment for ripping and compressing my BluRay(!) movies. I'm using the following commands:

Code: Select all

makemkvcon mkv /dev/cdrom all "/media/rip" --minlength=120 -r
HandBrakeCLI  -i "/media/rip/track01" -o "/media/convert/track01" --preset="High Profile" --subtitle scan --subtitle-forced
This produces a compressed MKV containing two audio tracks (2.0 and a 5.1 track). However, when playing this MKV on my DVR (VU+ Duo2), only the 2.0 track is selected as default audio track. I can choose 5.1 manually, but is there a way to flag the 5.1 track as default audio track inside the MKV? Is there any option in makemkvcon or has it to be done in HandBrakeCLI?
Woodstock

Re: makemkvcon and Dolby 5.1

Post by Woodstock »

This is really a question for the handbrake forum, and they'll want the log from the encode. You can get that by adding "2>logfilename.txt" to the end of the handbrakecli line.

At a guess, though, I'd say the default audio settings are putting the downmixed AAC track first in the track order (it does for me), and you want the pass-through track first instead.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging