www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:50 am 

I am stuck at version 1.9.7 because all subsequent versions have problems when I try to compile or run.

Previously, I have been getting some errors that were some kind of typo, I was able to get the OSS module to compile by looking up the problem and tweaking the source.

The persistent problem I have had after 1.9.7 is that even if I can get the OSS module to compile, trying to use it nets me a "failed to initialize" error. Running makemkvcon produces an informational screen that doesn't help much. Trying to mix an earlier OSS module with a later binary module nets the same message.

The current set of errors I am getting trying to compile the 1.10.5 OSS module is a flood of "error: 'INT64_C' was not declared in this scope" which eventually ends with "make: *** [out/libmakemkv.so.1.full] Error 1".

One of these rounds of testing deleted my registration key, and I had to re-enter it. A minor nuisance, but it may tell someone something.

I would appreciate any ideas for things to try. I can dump in more information if needed.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 am 

I found another thread that indicates that the specific problem I listed requires a compiler upgrade to fix. This looks to leave me stuck at 1.9.7 for the foreseeable future, as such upgrades on a multilib Slackware system do not appear simple. Argh!