License error

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
sgtdumbass

License error

Post by sgtdumbass »

I'm getting this error message when I'm trying to run makeMKV though a python script using a license I bought. It will work with the beta key but my license should work.

2017-09-03 17:38:08 - Makemkv - ERROR - Your MakeMKV version is too old.Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com or enter a registration key to continue using MakeMKV.

I'm using ubuntu. I've uninstalled and purged makemkv-oss/bin several times.
Woodstock

Re: License error

Post by Woodstock »

Make sure you're entering the key correctly - copy/paste from some email programs will introduce non-standard characters, which can interfere with the key being validated.

Personally, I copied mine to a text file (NOT a Word document!) to avoid issues, and as a backup in case my mail program "gets forgetful".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
sgtdumbass

Post by sgtdumbass »

Woodstock wrote:Make sure you're entering the key correctly - copy/paste from some email programs will introduce non-standard characters, which can interfere with the key being validated.

Personally, I copied mine to a text file (NOT a Word document!) to avoid issues, and as a backup in case my mail program "gets forgetful".
I've done that. Even typed it in.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Then I'd go with sending your contact information to Mike at support@makemkv.com and have him confirm your key.

I've got no experience with the Linux version, but there is a possibility that key file itself has a permissions issue, but someone else would have to speak to that.

The only time Mike has ever mentioned on the forum that a key had been invalidated was a few years ago when an outfit in China was sending the same key out to people they "sold" licenses to their relabeled version of MakeMKV. They'd bought a copy, and were using that license key for everyone who bought "their product".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging