www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FFmpeg patch for 24-bit
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm 

Hello,

I have used MakeMKV in the past and even maintain a nosrc RPM intended to help people running CentOS 7 install it - https://media.librelamp.com/makemkv - but I haven't used it myself in several years as my PC with an optical drive died and I haven't felt compelled to rebuild one yet,

But that's not what this is about. I ran into a situation where I need FFmpeg to output 24-bit wav but ffmpeg for some reason does not support that.

While searching online I found reference to a MakeMKV patch that adds that to FFmpeg.

The specific patch I found is called mmffmpeg-1.7.7.patch

I imagine I might need to do some manual tweaks to get it working with FFmpeg 3.4 so before I start, is there a newer version of that patch I should be starting with? It looks like it is about 5 years old or so.

The link contained in this thread post here - viewtopic.php?p=22597#p22597 - is 404

Thank you for your time,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am 

I've found another way for my particular problem but I am still interested in knowing if there is an updated version of the patch because I'm still planning to try and integrate it into the CentOS 7 FFmpeg RPMs I maintain.