Update for Linux version???

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
jtreagan

Update for Linux version???

Post by jtreagan »

As near as I can tell, you haven't upgraded the Linux version of MakeMKV since 2009? I installed that version on my Linux computer a couple of years ago and it works really well. However, now it's telling me that it is out of date (well, yeah!). A couple of days ago I found the registration code and re-registered it and that day it worked fine. Today, when I started it up it told me, once again, that my version was too old. How do I update this?
Woodstock

Re: Update for Linux version???

Post by Woodstock »

Each update applies to Mac, Windows, and Linux. So there is a "1.17.2" for all three.

I'm not sure when MakeMKV complains about the "out of date" for a registered version, though. I've been running various versions on my machines here from 1.14.x to 1.17.x without a complaint OTHER THAN when it checks to see what the current version is.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
lart2150

Post by lart2150 »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224
clearly has 1.17.2

mike edits the post just like the bet key post
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, but the current serial number message ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 ) states that the code is good "is valid until end of January 2023."

So the current beta code isn't working, so the original code jtreagan had needs to be in place. What is in the Linux library (all versions, really) is what was a current beta code when the version was released... That's what is probably complaining. Getting the proper code should fix it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging