Cannot Open DVD Files Manually

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
zeroryouko

Cannot Open DVD Files Manually

Post by zeroryouko »

Hello,

I'm running MakeMKV 1.10.10 on Linux Mint 18.3. I have an ISO file that I want to open, so I start MakeMKV up as usual and then select Open DVD Files Manually from the File menu.

Immediately upon doing so, the program freezes. The freeze lasts for 30 seconds, and then a small window pops up that says "MakeMKV BETA popup" / "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit."

I click OK in the popup window and the main program window closes. After the main window closes, a file selection window opens, titled "Select existing video source file." This window opens to my home directory. At the bottom, in the blank next to "File name", it says "wAAAAAAAAAA". In the drop-down menu next to "Files of type", there is only one option for type, and it is "AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAAAAAABgYAAAK8AAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAABAAAAAgAAAAEAAAAWAE0AYQBpAG4AVABvAG8AbABiAGEAcgEAAAAA/////wAAAAAAAAA".

I turned on debug logging and this is the sum total of the entire log generated:

==========
Debug log started at Wed Jan 24 20:15:32 2018 , written by MakeMKV v1.10.10 linux(x64-release)
Using 524544KB for read cache.
001005:0000 MakeMKV v1.10.10 linux(x64-release) started
001004:0000 Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as /home/REDACTED/MakeMKV_log.txt
==========

Unfortunately I do not use the "Open DVD Files Manually" option very often, so I'm not sure in which release this started occurring (i.e it could have been before 1.10.10). Opening an actual DVD manually, incidentally, works perfectly and always has. Opening both files and DVDs the regular, automatic way also works just fine.

If you could, please let me know if there is anything I can do to avoid this issue.

Thank you,

Zeroryouko
zeroryouko

Re: Cannot Open DVD Files Manually

Post by zeroryouko »

Just to update - I upgraded to MakeMKV 1.12.0 and I am still seeing the exact same issue.
therealbrewer

Post by therealbrewer »

I'm seeing exactly the same issue on 1.14.3 for linux.
PRAGMA

Post by PRAGMA »

Same issue, 1.14.4, Arch Linux.
PRAGMA

Post by PRAGMA »

Still happening on latest version, I tried both Xfce (Xfwm) + KDE Plasma and they both have the issue.
Arch Linux still.
cary.babcock

Post by cary.babcock »

This option is not used very often, but when it is needed, it really sucks that it no longer works. I've gone back to previous versions, and it still worked in version 1.10.1.

It would really be nice to have this work again. It seems to be when it tries to open the file input.
cary.babcock

Post by cary.babcock »

It still worked in 1.10.6, but did not work in 1.10.8. I don't have source files for 1.10.7, or I would test that too.
PRAGMA

Post by PRAGMA »

Still happening on v1.15.0 (linux x64 on arch linux with a fully up to date system)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Missed this one, will be fixed in the next version.
If urgent, the workaround would require changing 1 line in source package and recompiling makemkv gui. Please reply if I should post the code...
PRAGMA

Post by PRAGMA »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:39 pm
Missed this one, will be fixed in the next version.
If urgent, the workaround would require changing 1 line in source package and recompiling makemkv gui. Please reply if I should post the code...
Please post the code if you have time, appreciate you looking into this :)
PRAGMA

Post by PRAGMA »

Awesome v15.1 fixes it! :D