www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:14 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:14 am
Posts: 1
Version 1.4.1, Ubuntu Intrepid, x86. Tried to make MKVs from a DVD with 4 main titles, selected one audio track and three subtitle tracks on each.

Bug one: I cannot use "~" for my home directory when selecting the output folder. MakeMKV will just prepend the folder the binary package was compiled in, so "~/stuff/video" will become e.g. "/home/someuser/compile/makemkv_v1.4.1_beta_bin/~/stuff/video".

Bug two: when the extraction process is aborted, MakeMKV goes back to the display of the disc's structure (tree with titles, audio tracks etc), but some titles will be missing. The only way to get them back is to start over by selecting "Close" from the "File" menu (but see next bug) or closing and re-starting the application.

Bug three: "Close" from the "File" menu often does nothing.

Problem with saved MKV files: I have yet to find a player that the plays them properly. In VLC, there is no sound, even though VLC sees the audio track and selects it by default. In Mplayer, subtitle rendering is garbled (only with overlay video though, so this might be an Mplayer problem). In Kaffeine, the first 30 seconds are skipped, only one subtitle track is available (out of the three I saved), and there are A/V synch problems.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Posts: 3300
eifelastronaut wrote:
Version 1.4.1, Ubuntu Intrepid, x86. Tried to make MKVs from a DVD with 4 main titles, selected one audio track and three subtitle tracks on each.
Thanks for the detailed report.

eifelastronaut wrote:
Bug one: I cannot use "~" for my home directory when selecting the output folder. MakeMKV will just prepend the folder the binary package was compiled in, so "~/stuff/video" will become e.g. "/home/someuser/compile/makemkv_v1.4.1_beta_bin/~/stuff/video".
This is strange - I personally haven't seen that. We'll investigate.

eifelastronaut wrote:
Bug two: when the extraction process is aborted, MakeMKV goes back to the display of the disc's structure (tree with titles, audio tracks etc), but some titles will be missing. The only way to get them back is to start over by selecting "Close" from the "File" menu (but see next bug) or closing and re-starting the application.
This is likely to stay this way for a while. When you abort the conversion the "title" stays in "half-converted" way. That's why it is hidden.

eifelastronaut wrote:
Bug three: "Close" from the "File" menu often does nothing.
Very strange. Noted.

eifelastronaut wrote:
Problem with saved MKV files: I have yet to find a player that the plays them properly. In VLC, there is no sound, even though VLC sees the audio track and selects it by default. In Mplayer, subtitle rendering is garbled (only with overlay video though, so this might be an Mplayer problem). In Kaffeine, the first 30 seconds are skipped, only one subtitle track is available (out of the three I saved), and there are A/V synch problems.
Obivous question, but did you select "stereo" output device in VLC (or if you have SPDIF output, did you enable it in alsa mixer)?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group