Some issues

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
ggking7

Some issues

Post by ggking7 »

I tried to rip the Blu-Ray "My Best Friend's Girl" and it failed about 80% through and said "1 failed".

Ripping "El Norte" works, but the only audio stream displayed in the GUI turns out to be the director's commentary. I know there is a foreign language audio stream on there because I've heard it. Does makemkv ignore non-English audio streams?

Is there any way to specify the file name of the mkv?

Is there a command line tool?

Are there any plans for BD+ support?

Thank you.
mike admin

Re: Some issues

Post by mike admin »

ggking7 wrote:I tried to rip the Blu-Ray "My Best Friend's Girl" and it failed about 80% through and said "1 failed".

Ripping "El Norte" works, but the only audio stream displayed in the GUI turns out to be the director's commentary. I know there is a foreign language audio stream on there because I've heard it. Does makemkv ignore non-English audio streams?
No, it should process all streams. Please enable "show debug messages" in preferences, restart MakeMKV, try to open both discs and post the log here. It's hard to tell what's going on without looking at the log file.
ggking7 wrote:Is there any way to specify the file name of the mkv?
No, but you can specify the name of the folder where MKV files are created. Default is ~/Videos/DiscName but you can change it in preferences.
ggking7 wrote:Is there a command line tool?
Yes, makemkvcon is the command-line tool used by GUI. It has limited command-line interface though.
ggking7 wrote:Are there any plans for BD+ support?
Yes, BD+ will be fully supported "soon".
ggking7

Re: Some issues

Post by ggking7 »

Thanks Mike. FIrst of all, "My Best Friend's Girl" ripped nicely after trying again so that's great. "El Norte" says the skipped audio stream is LCPM-HD. Will that be supported soon?

I'd also love to be able to specify the file name, and BD+ support would turn makemkv into the ultimate ripper.

Very nice app.