BDJ menus broken Fedora 38

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
recoveringpickle

BDJ menus broken Fedora 38

Post by recoveringpickle »

I have libaacs, libbluray, libbluray-bdj all installed, and relevant config files, I don't remember which are from RPM Fusion and which are from the official repos, if that even matters, but when I originally installed libbluray-bdj, the Java menus worked for MiB, but now they don't work at all on any BD. Now I get "Blu-ray error: Playback with BluRay menus failed" or I get the movie logo, just a still image and no disk menu or playback. I have an LG(I think) from ThinkPenguin with the custom firmware I found on this forum, it's had that before I even started using it though so I doubt it's the cause. Playback works just fine without disk menus, but I really do want those menus back. I have no idea what I did to break them.
jvian1

Re: BDJ menus broken Fedora 38

Post by jvian1 »

The information provided to me on this thread helped to play BDs with all the features enabled.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31489
Hope you can solve your problems as well.
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

BD-J Menus never worked for me with anything else than Java 8.
recoveringpickle

Ezatoka wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:52 pm
BD-J Menus never worked for me with anything else than Java 8.
Thank you, it took me forever to realize I had to use Java 8 and set VLC to use Java 8, I suppose in my head there should always be some backwards compatibility for newer software so I couldn't understand why I should install Java 8 and why it wouldn't work on newer iterations.
recoveringpickle

jvian1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:31 pm
The information provided to me on this thread helped to play BDs with all the features enabled.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31489
Hope you can solve your problems as well.
Haha you linked me to a thread that I'm in, the first comment is my comment. Turns out my issue was just that I needed to install Java 8 and set it as my Java home or default Java? I don't know what the correct term is.