SSL 0050 Error

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
bitzerjd

SSL 0050 Error

Post by bitzerjd »

I'm using OpenSuse Tumbleweed and started getting an error when the app (Flatpak) starts. The error is, openssl test 00500. I tried to uninstall the app and delete the app data...but when reinstalling it I get the same error. The SNAP version doesn't give me an error.

I'm a bit stuck on what to try next.

Thanks,
mike4874

Re: SSL 0050 Error

Post by mike4874 »

I have the same problem. I am using OpenSuse 15.5 with the flatback of MakeMKV. During the 30-days trail time it works fine. I was able to rip blurays without any problems. Three weeks later i decided to buy a registration key. The registration was successful. The programm shows the Key is permanent. Since then I get the message after starting the program: Internal error: openssl test 0050 failed.
Now i can only rip DVD no blurays.

An update to version 1.17.5 did not solve the problem.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Turning the 30-day trial back on usually just means re-entering the current key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
WadeMasshardt

Post by WadeMasshardt »

I am getting the same error, also on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with the flatpak version of MakeMKV (licensed). It had been working fine for quite a while, then some update caused this error to appear. I know it's not the drive, as I can boot into Windows 10 & MakeMKV works fine.

If I can help troubleshoot by supplying logfiles, please let me know.
hingino

Post by hingino »

Same error here. I'm running the flatpak version of makemkv 1.17.5 licensed on manjaro linux (fully up to date, LTS kernel 6.1.55-1) with a patched Asus bd drive (firmware v3.10). I first ran into this issue while ripping dvds, so it doesn't seem to just be a blueray issue. I ended up reverting the flatpak v1.17.4 and found that all of my test cases now work, but the original disk that caused the failure still wont work, so i don't know if fixed and the disk is just bad or not.
Straw5990

Post by Straw5990 »

I have the same problem. I'm on Pop OS using flatpak and makemkv version 1.17.5. In my case rolling back to version 1.17.4 using:

flatpak update --commit=<hash_for_version_1.17.4> com.makemkv.MakeMKV

Did not solve the issue.
flojo

Post by flojo »

Does it give any other info? Like is it a certificat authority problem, a certificate problem, a domain problem, etc.?
hingino

Post by hingino »

Well, I started getting a bunch of read failures, so i ended up swapping disk drives. This made makemkv quit working completely. I ended up uninstalling the flatpak version and opted for the AUR release for manjaro. SSL 0050 error is gone. Testing disks that had previously failed on both disk drives now, but I'm starting to think its an issue with openssl packaged into the flatpak.
melgal

Post by melgal »

I know this doesn't help, but I was running into the same issue on EndeavourOS (Arch derivative). Installing from the AUR doesn't have this OpenSSL error. Can you try installing natively?
thepensivemonk

Post by thepensivemonk »

This may also be helpful, but there is an issue logged with Flatpak on this, and there is another workaround, if you don't want to use Snapd or compile yourself. I have tested this on my Pop OS and verified that it fixed the issue for me.
There is a dependency on org.kde.Platform from MakeMKV and rolling that specific package back to an earlier commit seems to work around the issue.

https://github.com/flathub/com.makemkv. ... /issues/63

I hope this helps others as well.

-pm