suddenly makemkvcon stuck?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Caleb87

suddenly makemkvcon stuck?

Post by Caleb87 »

I used makemkvcon to rip several movies so far. All of a sudden, it just hangs and never does anything.

I tried reinstalling from snap, tried attaching optical drive to (reddit suggestion), tried with/without sudo, rebooting computer, and more.

The /root/snap/makemkv/624/.MakeMKV/ private tar is only 8mb. I think it's supposed to be 50ish mb. I wonder if it's having issues getting it?

Any other ideas I could check?

Code: Select all

sudo makemkvcon mkv disc:4 all /home/caleb/TEST
MakeMKV v1.17.6 linux(x64-release) started
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr3", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr2", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr5", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr1", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr4", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Failed to get full access to drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT". Make sure that you either have write access to device "/dev/sr0", are member of "cdrom" group or have CAP_SYS_RAWIO enabled.
Downloading latest SDF to /root/snap/makemkv/624/.MakeMKV ...
This never finishes, and the file is not growing in size. It just gets stuck.