new libaacs emulation with makemkv - test with xbmc

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Fawkes

new libaacs emulation with makemkv - test with xbmc

Post by Fawkes »

hi,

that feature was the one i was looking for xbmc, the streaming mode is good, using xbmc directly gives better replay control and may be bd-j (full menu) in the future - good solution to replace libaacs/libbdplus (i still would like to have vid/vuk of the played disc log'ed for further use like libaacs does it)

some disc play, most of my discs don't
tested further with two discs (one working, one that does not)
the disc that does not play (hellboy2) can be backuped and the replay from that backup from hdd (index.bdmv by file browser) does work, also stream replay with makemkv in xbmc does work, only the new mode does not, if index.bdmv is selected (directly from bd drive) it asks about the main movie (as in hdd replay) and when selected is seems to start replay without video and audio, replay control is there and i can stop it
one difference i can see is that the info command line switch of makemkv (loged to file) does say that the disc that plays fine is h.264 and the disc that does not is vc-1, but when the backup files on hdd are checked with vlc or mpc both discs are h.264

does makemkv interfere with the files from br drive in any kind so that xbmc sees vc-1 and when played gets h.264? i was thinking it was just decoding the files on the fly, no altering in the process?
mike admin

Re: new libaacs emulation with makemkv - test with xbmc

Post by mike admin »

Fawkes wrote:i was thinking it was just decoding the files on the fly, no altering in the process?
Yes, that's what it does.
chriszero

Post by chriszero »

Perfect soloution, works like a charm in XBMC :-)
Just need to build a dummy deb-package for libaacs0 and libmmbd
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Works for me too, in HandBrake and VLC under OS X (haven't tested anything with BD+ yet though).
drdownload

Post by drdownload »

can anyone walk me tru how to use it with xbmc (eg. building dummy packages)