MakeMKV For OpenELEC

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
dryce

MakeMKV For OpenELEC

Post by dryce »

I just installed OpenELEC 3.2.2 the other day and discovered the makemkv plugin in the repo. I have a few questions. It is my understanding that the software is free while in beta and then there is a fee. In the Windows and desktop Linux environments, entering the key should be straightforward, but where would I enter a key in the OpenELEC plugin? Will it prompt me when the beta expires?

I am also experiencing an issue. Once I start the system, I can play a bluray. If I stop it or it finishes and I put another in, I have to restart the machine in order to play It. Is there a fix for this? I am using the xbmc bluray plugin with makemkv. Thanks!
dryce

Re: MakeMKV For OpenELEC

Post by dryce »

Here is a debug log with the movie playing successfully in the beginning and when it fails on the switch.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=67729

Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dryce

Post by dryce »

After playing with this more, I've discovered if I hit stop when it plays, it will not play the second disc. If it stops itself at the end of a film, the second disc plays fine. I think something is hanging after pressing stop. The logs aren't show what that could be. Is there a way to have MakeMKV run logs as the movie is playing and see what happens after I hit stop? I've tried playing a movie from the command line, but it acts like its working and never actually plays anything. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dwaynnyt

Post by dwaynnyt »

You might want to send the log debug messages here. And the admins could probably check on that for you if you're still having this issue.
dryce

Post by dryce »

I am still having the problem, but I believe it is exclusive to openELEC and the plugin in their repo. MakeMKV does not exhibit this behavior on XBMCBuntu at all. It looks as though a process is hanging after pressing stop. A script to stop all makemkv processes allows me to play another disc after hitting stop.