AACS errors on Fedora FC 19 X64

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
harleyv2

Re: AACS errors on Fedora FC 19 X64

Post by harleyv2 »

AACS errors on Fedora FC20 X64 MakeMKV v1.8.7
I upgraded to FC20 and to MakeMKV v 1.8.7 at about the same time, every thing worked fine until then.
I think I have followed all of the suggestions on this thread, but MKV still will not open my blu-ray disks. My configure completes normally, I have added ' -DOPENSSL_NO_EC' to my Makefile, ffmpeg v 2.1.1, opennssl v1:1.0.1e-37, but MakeMKV still fails. Any other suggestions.
Thanks
Harleyv2
MartinKG

Post by MartinKG »

harleyv2 wrote:AACS errors on Fedora FC20 X64 MakeMKV v1.8.7
I upgraded to FC20 and to MakeMKV v 1.8.7 at about the same time, every thing worked fine until then.
I think I have followed all of the suggestions on this thread, but MKV still will not open my blu-ray disks. My configure completes normally, I have added ' -DOPENSSL_NO_EC' to my Makefile, ffmpeg v 2.1.1, opennssl v1:1.0.1e-37, but MakeMKV still fails. Any other suggestions.
Thanks
Harleyv2
you can simply install the precompiled rpm package from:
http://negativo17.org/repos/HandBrake/fedora-20/x86_64/
harleyv2

Post by harleyv2 »

I install libdvdcss-1.2.13-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm ,libdvdcss-devel-1.2.13-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm, makemkv-1.8.7-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm. Started MakeMKV and got the same AACS errors.
Anything else
Harleyv2
MartinKG

Post by MartinKG »

harleyv2 wrote:I install libdvdcss-1.2.13-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm ,libdvdcss-devel-1.2.13-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm, makemkv-1.8.7-2.fc20.x86_64.rpm. Started MakeMKV and got the same AACS errors.
Anything else
Harleyv2
please try the more recent version 1.8.8 from http://negativo17.org/repos/HandBrake/fedora-20/SRPMS/
cmbailey4365

Post by cmbailey4365 »

I appear to be having the same problem described in this topic, but while using Ubuntu 14.04 and MakeMKV 1.8.11.

Another user, gellis, reported the problem in relation to Ubuntu at http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7930.

As gellis did, I too tried the configuration suggestions mentioned in this topic, without success.
xenphor

Post by xenphor »

I just got a Blu-ray player (asus usb) and also use Fedora 20 and just built the latest Makemkv. According to the thread, the configure script should auto-detect this problem? However, it seems people are still experiencing it? I've only watched one Blu-ray so far (Sunshine) and was able to play it in VLC using the libmmbd method. Does the problem occur if the process fails and the player gets revoked? Should I be careful with what Blu-rays I use? I don't really know anything about how Blu-ray encryption works besides stuff I read on the Archwiki.
pquinton

Post by pquinton »

Just to provide some additional information on my experiences with this issue.. I've been running MakeMKV on Linux Mint 17 for a while, no issues. It must have been a month or so since I last used it.. fired up MakeMKV and it told me the usual expiry etc.. so I installed 1.9.0. And then I get this issue, exactly as mentioned here.

My test disc is Guardians of the Galaxy. The samsung slimline bluray is in an external USB 3.0 enclosure, connected to a renesas PCI Express card. All tests have been tried on the USB3.0, on-board USB 2.0 and various other chips/modes on the same laptop.

Compiling with -DOPENSSL_NO_EC in the MakeMKV OSS Makefile, does not fix the issue . Adding it Globally to CFLAGS ( instead of in the makefile ) causes makemkv to seg fault as other people have experienced.

I compiled OpenSSL 1.0.1d, OSS libs against it, same issue ( AACS errors ). I've attempted to ensure the OSS libraries where linking against the "new" library.
I then compiled an OpenSSL 0.9.8zb, OSS libs against it, same issue ( AACS errors ).

Both times I adjusted the makemkv Makefile with, -L{openssl_lib} -I{openssl_include} and -Wl,rpath,{openssl_lib} on CFLAGS to make absolutely sure I'm picking up the correct libraries ( openssl_lib etc... are my paths for the ssl install/compile )

Same machine with USB pass through, via VirtualBox, to Windows XP VM and windows version of MakeMKV works fine.
Windows version of MakeMKV on Windows 7 ( same external usb enclosure ) different PC, works fine.

So far I've not narrowed down what the issue could be. Even though ldd against the libraries prove it's run-time linking against the older OpenSSL libraries, there is a small possibility that gcc is compiling against the distribution openssl which is 1.0.1f-1ubuntu2.7 .

If I managed to fix / prove I'm made a mess of it then I'll post back.

Thanks,
Phil.