A stereoscopic player able to read Makemkv 3D ripped movies

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
valerio

A stereoscopic player able to read Makemkv 3D ripped movies

Post by valerio »

Hi to everybody

I'm here to kindly ask for some hints before spending a lot of money in something that could not work the way I'm thinking it.
I have tried the Linux version of Makemkv and ripped some of my bluray 3D movies which work well in 2D, but I don't know how they are going to perform in 3D, because I have not yet a 3D TV set.
What I have is a nice HTPC (Asus Vivopc vc-60) with Ubuntu above it, that is connected to my TV set and I want to know if this setup is going to let me view 3D movies ripped with Makemkv once I buy a 3D enabled TV set and what I need on the software side.
At the moment I have read that Makemkv produces 3D mkv files that can be understood properly only by Stereoscopic Player, but sadly this software it's available only on Windows and it's expensive (compared to standalone players).
Then I've found Bino, available on Linux, and I'm guessing if it can do on Linux what Stereoscopic Player does on Windows.
Have you tried it? Do you know something different that can make things work? Thanks